Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

5" DD for which detector - F5 or F70?

rlchntr

I can't decide which detector to get the 5" DD coil for. I'm leaning towards the F5, because it hasn't been out much since I got the F70, but do you think it would be (significantly) deeper on the F70? I'm a relic hunter and will be swinging at house sites. Any opinions will be appreciated. Cheers.

H H

Gary

From my perspective, you apparently are using the F 70 more then the F 5 for some reason(s). Consequently, I would get the 5" coil for the detector I had the most faith in and used the most. MHO, anyway. HH jim tn

Maybe Mike Hillis can give his input on the 5" DD on the F5. We know he's the F5 Man:)

And buy the 5" DD from a forum sponsor........at least give em a shot at pricing:)

I would go for the f70. Reason sounds like you use it the most, so you could carry the small coil into remote area and if needed you could change coils at that hunting spot without heading back to the car. Just a thought but if you are hunting in sight of the car I guess it wouldn't make a lot of difference.

I have been buying coils for all my detectors for the past year, so for me it would be the first one that popped up and I got a good deal. Maybe that would work for you, just start looking and grab the first one you find, let the force decide for you:starwars:

Good luck,

Ron in WV

get it for the f5 and if you change your mind sell it to me

Thanks for the suggestions, and good points mentioned by all. I've been using the F70 with the 11'' DD more than the F5 with the same coil in woods & pastures mostly because of the increased depth. I love both detectors, so I'll probably end up getting a 5" DD for each of them at some point, so I'll probably flip a coin to see which one gets equipped first. I've been buying from a forum sponsor for awhile now, and have been very happy with them.

Thanks again for the responses.

H H

Gary

Hello everyone I have a minelab safari and was thinking of getting a F70.Do they go deep,I mainly hunt for coins and jewlery
and small creeks can I please get some feed back..