Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

5" Excelerator EQ2 Pro coil?

I just received one of these a few days ago and wondered if anyone has ever tried it? It is a Excelerator EQ2 Pro "Multiple Harmonic Wideband Double "D" Searchcoil". It is about 1" thick and is 5" in diameter. Looks like it would work well in high trash sites.

I don't own one but others on this forum have them and like them just for the trash area. It will help in separation of targets

I have this exact coil. It's fairly uncommon compared to the 6 inch Excelerator. I've made some good finds of masked items with this coil; but, it doesn't go quite as deep as the 6 inch.

Detech 6" DD Excelerator Search Coil (Minelab E-Series)

6" Search Coil from Detech, Compatible with Minelab E-Series. Includes Coil Cover Learn More
Was: $124.95
Now Only: $106.21
Retail: $245.00
Sku: 134-6E

Kellyco has them listed Tony.

You're welcome Tony.

Bayard, I bought the six inch Excelerator and had a chance to try it out today. The ground was good from the recent rain but I stayed in the shade area's anyway.
The coil seemed to hit well and very clear tone on shallow or deep targets.
One thing I noticed was the tone was different from the minelab small coil that I was using. Any change you make on these machines changes something (not complaining - just a statement of fact).
So beside the tone difference I have to slow down more, this thing is so light weight I was swinging away like I was cutting grass.
I like it so far, I can't wait to find my first silver with it......thanks for the suggestion.

I am so confused. I have a whites V3I. I bought from Kellyco a new Detect 5 inch Excelerator Pro II DD coil. They told me it was compatible with the V3I and it has been working great. I hope it ha. I am no expert at electronics. But it did not have a coil cover for it at the time. Kellyco was going to let me know when one was available. But never called me back. Now i see that they dont have the same 5 inch coil but do have a 6 inch coil. Hope I didnt get taken on a wrong coil for my V3I. Wish that I had a cover for my 5 inch. I see the 6 inch comes with a cover and you can also buy a separate cover for the 6 inch coil.

You can use it without a cover, just don't rub it hard on the ground when you detect.
One advantage without the cover is that you will not have to take it off every month or so to clean out the dirt and small pieces of rust.

Bayard said:
I have this exact coil. It's fairly uncommon compared to the 6 inch Excelerator. I've made some good finds of masked items with this coil; but, it doesn't go quite as deep as the 6 inch.

Same opinion here - I like the 6" much better than the 5".
Used my 6" for well over 1000 hrs. ( till it shorted out ) - lots of 7" to 8" Dimes !