Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

5 inch excelerator EQ2 pro coil question

I bought a used Etrac and it came with the excelerator EQ2 pro coil. It fits the plug and it worked as far as detecting targets but someone told me it belongs to the Sovereign. When I checked the Kellyco ads, that's what it said also. So why did it work? and is it used solely for the Etrac. I wondered why the chord seemed too short. But it seemed to work ok.

sandnsea, I have the 6" EX EQ2 that I use on my E-Trac when I find myself in trashy areas. I was not aware that they made a 5" and you are correct, there is a SEF 5" for the Sovereign, with catalog # 134-5s, and the 6" catalog # is 134-6e-ss. Since the 5" is working for on your E-Trac, it raises an interesting question, are the FBS and BBS coils interchangeable? :shrug: I wonder if anyone has tried the 16.5" EX EQ2 coil on an E-Trac? Chris

The Sovereign/BBS coils are dedicated and propriety to themselves. This is partly because they have a circuit built within the coil itself.
I can tell you for a fact that the Sovereign coils will not work the Etrac/FBS Technology which includes Explorer generation detectors.

David Di

You are absolutely correct David, the 5" DD EXcelerator will not work on the E-Trac. But the 6" DD EX EQ2 will work with the E-Trac, Explorer's, Safari's and Quattro's. Chris

I have a 6 inch eq2 dd coil that I bought for my dfx, will it also work on the e trac. It looks the exact same on kellyco. I haven't check the plugs yet, but if there the same why wouldn't it work

I have a 6 inch eq2 dd coil that I bought for my dfx, will it also work on the e trac. It looks the exact same on kellyco. I haven't check the plugs yet, but if there the same why wouldn't it work... Sorry just checked and the connections are different size. anyone wanna buy a 6 inch coil for the dfx. Ill sell for 100.00 thanks.

Does it look like this?

551105_10151966821120635_1406190189_n.jpg

Since this is the one that came with my Sovereign (bought used) and it has an "S" on it I assume it won't work with the E-Trac when I get it... sigh... One more coil I have to convince my wife that I REALLY NEED.

mine doesn't look like that. its got a red sticker on the front of it. I bought it last year, so its not very old.