Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

51 cents and a truckload of GOLD

utmike

Had literally a few minutes to kill in the Tot Lot wood chips today. The .800 ring and 10k earring were at the base of two different slides. The 8 little diamonds all test real.

Attachments

• 20210501_210131.jpg
    20210501_210131.jpg
    934.3 KB · Views: 102
  • 20210501_205742.jpg
    20210501_205742.jpg
    785.8 KB · Views: 103
Losing that ring had to sting but you recovering it made you sing??? Ok, I’ll stop......

Losing that ring had to sting but you recovering it made you sing??? Ok, I’ll stop......
C'mon Ronstar, you were just getting started. Didn't say a THING about any BLING🤣

Had literally a few minutes to kill in the Tot Lot wood chips today. The .800 ring and 10k earring were at the base of two different slides. The 8 little diamonds all test real.
Nice job!.....when I first started this hobby ,school tot lots were my favorite spots to hunt. Found some nice things there. I believe the kids would bring their parents jewelry to school without their knowledge & loose it! ....I no longer do that since schools have become Ft Knox now! ( no access)!

Speaking of tot lots, some years back I had a 3 tot lot route I would hit real early Sun mornings before my wife and I went to Church. 2 of the three were school lots. On one of my outings from the chips I found a beautiful 1853o Seated half. I suspect some kids dad was not a happy camper when he discovered it was gone or when the kid told him he had lost his show and tell. I did let it be known at the school that I had found a old coin and if anybody inquired about it and upon getting in touch with me could identify the coin I would give it back. Never heard a word from anyone. HH Jim tn

Speaking of tot lots, some years back I had a 3 tot lot route I would hit real early Sun mornings before my wife and I went to Church. 2 of the three were school lots. On one of my outings from the chips I found a beautiful 1853o Seated half. I suspect some kids dad was not a happy camper when he discovered it was gone or when the kid told him he had lost his show and tell. I did let it be known at the school that I had found a old coin and if anybody inquired about it and upon getting in touch with me could identify the coin I would give it back. Never heard a word from anyone. HH Jim tn
Wow Jim- I'd probably need smelling salts if I found a seated 1/2 in a tot lot! Great story. Around here, the schools get used a lot on the weekends for kid's soccer and other sports. Access is good. My theory this year is that with park playgrounds restricted for Covid, a lot of parents used the school yards as their local park just to get the kids outdoors.