Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

540 shaft

Is there another shaft option for the 540. As one with T handle to better balance it?
Interesting question. I'm a worn-out 71 year old and have been getting around with a cane since just before I turned 44. My balance is terrible, right shoulder rotator cuff, tendon and cervical spine injury in early 2018 left me with cervical spine surgery and fusing, and I only regained about 70% of my strength and mobility in that are and shoulder.

I use my V-540 w/5X8 DD mounted most of the time, but I have also hunted some wide-open fields and large grassy parks using the 9X12 DD as well. I found both coils to mount and balance quite well, and I'm able to put in some good hunt-time even with the 9X12 coil. I never extend a search coil way out in front of me because that creates several problems, one of which being an imbalance with the coil's weight way out in front of me. I also do not use real broad side-to-side sweeps because that also results in some performance issues, one being a big arc and that can be unbalanced, too.

I always work a search coil in as straight a line as possible in front of me, going 24" to 30" side-to-side, and in more favorable areas I might extend that side-to-side sweep to 36"-40" in length. The Vanquish wasn't designed to work really well with a too-fast sweep speed, either, so I hunt in a casual manner with slower and methodical sweeps and coil coverage. No burden for me.

Monte

Great video, especially for folks with small children.

I sold my equinox 600 and got a vanquish 440 cause I like the 10x7 coil and thought it would be easier to swing wasn’t that impressed with the ergonomics and performance wise not nearly as good as the Nox. Sold the vanquish and bought another equinox 600 with 11” and 6” coils. Going to modify shaft into telescoping carbon fiber with counterweight. Plan is to make it as ergonomic as an f75 but lighter than a vanquish 440