Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

55 Chev. Bel Air

Ron J

In my day to day routine, my job takes me to many Body and Mechanical Shops daily. This particular 55 always intrigued me, as it has sat there untouched for decades. It appears in rougher condition than it looks. What is amazing, that is is complete...except for a moulding here or there. I used to be "into" buying and selling Muscle and Classic Cars and Parts...no more. I do enjoy seeing them,but not interested in buying anymore. Good Ol "3 on the Tree, Six Banger".
I do see many parts on this Chev., that could be worth money...Hood Ornament, Fuel Lid Guard, even an original Bench Seat. These Bench seats were often discarded for Bucket Seats. , so many original bases were tossed!
RJ :usaflag:

for old, vintage cars even know that it is located there? A friend of ours in High School had one very similar to the one in your pictures. Funny, but most of us drove pickup trucks, and he eventually sold the car and bought a pickup because he want to mount a gun rack on the back window and carry a 30-30 rifle in it like the rest of us. Unfortunately, those days are no more, It is now unlawful to carry a rifle mounted in the rear window. Thanks for posting these pictures, they brought make some great memories! Kelley (Texas) :)

A lot of love could make her look swell..

Oh for those who don't know what 3 on the tree means.... it's the gear shift on the steering column 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gears..pull back and up for reverse.

Nice find and nice shots! I've come across old hulks like that in the woods when I hiked a lot. A guy I know is restoring a 54 chevy right now.

That's an oldie for sure. I bet it shined in it's day! Being me, my first though would be.............Is there snakes in there?

Elton, I use to have a "three on the tree" for my first car. 65 Plymouth Fury with a 383. My parents had bought it new back in 65 and it went through my brother and then me. Finally sold it with 136,000 plus miles on it and running great.

I did ask the owner if he had any interest in selling it...his reply was "Not right now!" I only asked, so I could pass the information along.....
Oh well...