Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

5x10 DD Coil on Omega:smile:

AndyNM

I put the new 5x10 DD Coil on my Omega and G2. Since the G2 can be run at 100% sensitivity even with the stock 11" coil there is not so much to gain but.....on the Omega!
Most on the times it is not possible to run high sensitivity settings with the stock coil on the Omega, but with the new 10" DD you can push the sensitivity up and it stays stable. Target separation and depth over bad soil is better than the standard coil. From all coils I've used on the Omega the new 10" DD coil works best. Still have to try it on the Gamma and Delta.

Andy,NM in Germany

Andy, does your assesment that the 10" DD works best also include the 11" DD, in coils you have used. If so, any major benefits over the 11" DD?

I just received my Gamma and I'm waiting on a 5 x 10 for it and I'd love to hear what it does. I'll be watching for your next post ! Happy Trails, Woodstock

I've used mostly the 11" dd coil on my Gamma and I'm really impressed with the seperation. I run it at 2 tones and 1 on disc. like Monte said. I can set the sensitivity up to around 93-96, depending on the ground and it works deep. I love this Gamma. Found and 1882 1 cent about 8 inches down in some boggy, tannic-acid filled ground and though the coin was in bad shape, the Gamma did very well. I'm really happy with the Teknetics.
GL and HH

Yes, I like the 5x10"DD better than the 11" coil. The 5x10" coil runs more stable and it does not get stuck like the open coils in bushes.
If I could have only one coil for the Omega I would take the 5x10DD coil.

Happy new year to all my american friends.:cheers:

Andy, NM

Hallelujah......finally...an experienced user that has the 5x10" DD on a Omega. Andy, keep us updated on how this coil works in different scenarios. Soil types, trash levels etc. The good & bad points......Thanks!!!

We wish you a great year also:)

Can you give an air test on the 5x10 DD if you can increase the gain over the 11 inch coil depth would seem comparable,,,,,,,,,