Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

5x10DD HF Coil! Awesome!

bd1024

Hi everyone, I have begun to hunt more frequently with my 5x10 HF DD coil on my 705. ---- I have discovered that by using 4 tones, and the All Metal mode, this coil keeps getting better and better. -- The soil is fairly mild in most places I hunt, (primarily coins and jewelry), and though I own 3 other ML coils, the 5x10 is my favorite. --- I had not tried using the 4 tones before, thinking that 3 tones was all my brain could handle. --- To my surprise, 4 tones is easier and better. -- It gives the higher conductor coins, (both silver and clad) a much more distinctive tone. ---- On my hunt yesterday, I was able to identify my targets (for the most part) without looking at the VDI display. --- I would take a guess at the number before looking at the display, and was usually within a digit or 2 of the readout. --- If you haven't used the 4 tone option, I highly recommend it. And the all metal mode will get you 1-2" more depth. Just thought I would pass it on. Thanks

Tony N (Michigan) said:
What is the frequency of your 5x10?
There is only one authorized 5x10" available, and as his post indicates it is a HF coil (18.75kHz).
Personally, I find it to be one of the least useful for where I hunt and what I hunt for.

My wife hunts with the HF 5x10" all the time and 9 times out of ten she will find more good targets than anyone in our group. Yes, it is a performer.

I live in Germany and I have 3 Coils for my X-Terra and I like the 5X10 the best. With its High Frequency ip picks up the smallest bronze and silver you could easily pass over with a LF or MF coil. I have found a few small silvers smaller than your small fingernail.
Now I am waiting to get a new 5X10 or get the both of them fixed! Broken ears and shorting:(

I relic hunt and I use it to explore a site. Great down to about 8-9 inches in our dirt, great in a patch of iron nails also!! Any deeper and I switch over to the 10.5dd

morelic55 said:
I relic hunt and I use it to explore a site. Great down to about 8-9 inches in our dirt, great in a patch of iron nails also!! Any deeper and I switch over to the 10.5dd[/quote

It seperates targets really well.]