Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

6.5 hr hunt with the "Beast"

Dan(NM)

I was able to get out today and do a nice 6.5 hr hunt with the Manicore. It's a very easy machine to navigate through the menu and set up customized programs on the fly. To be perfectly honest, I could have found everything that I found today with practically any machine. None of the targets were that deep, just a lot of trash to wade through to find a keeper. I was able to score three pieces of silver, two pieces of silver jewelry and a 1947 Rosie. The ring is a James Avery. Landed 3 Wheaties and a funky earring of some sort. Ended up with almost 4 lbs of lead
🙂

I ran All Terrain Low Conductor for awhile then switched to All Terrain General.
Man GB
Custom 5 Tones
Sensitivity 21
Iron Bias factory

Attachments

• Tow1.jpg
    Tow1.jpg
    325.5 KB · Views: 92
  • Tow2.jpg
    Tow2.jpg
    286.2 KB · Views: 79
  • Tow3.jpg
    Tow3.jpg
    341.2 KB · Views: 84
  • TOW4.jpg
    TOW4.jpg
    560.9 KB · Views: 88
  • Tow 6.jpg
    Tow 6.jpg
    297.8 KB · Views: 93
Thanks much Dan! I have a new hunting partner this year! My wife retired and is looking forward to coin hunting with me. She will get my old 600 and I already talked to a sponsor here about a new 900 at the end of February or so. We went to see a friend in southern Mn. yesterday and was looking at a few towns on the way home! :detecting:

Thanks much Dan! I have a new hunting partner this year! My wife retired and is looking forward to coin hunting with me. She will get my old 600 and I already talked to a sponsor here about a new 900 at the end of February or so. We went to see a friend in southern Mn. yesterday and was looking at a few towns on the way home! :detecting:
Your welcome and congratulations on your wife's retirement. Good luck on all your adventures.

They're both great machines, you just have more control on the Manticore to fine tune it. If all I had was the 900, I would not feel like I was missing much.
Thank you for your post & review. That is one huge pile of lead! Glad it’s being recycled. Look forward to more of your reviews on the Beast.

Thanks Jimmy. This wasn't the best spot to see the Manticore shine. I have 2 sites in mind that should give me an opportunity to see how well it compares to my old 800.
I look forward to it!

I was able to get out today and do a nice 6.5 hr hunt with the Manicore. It's a very easy machine to navigate through the menu and set up customized programs on the fly. To be perfectly honest, I could have found everything that I found today with practically any machine. None of the targets were that deep, just a lot of trash to wade through to find a keeper. I was able to score three pieces of silver, two pieces of silver jewelry and a 1947 Rosie. The ring is a James Avery. Landed 3 Wheaties and a funky earring of some sort. Ended up with almost 4 lbs of lead
🙂

I ran All Terrain Low Conductor for awhile then switched to All Terrain General.
Man GB
Custom 5 Tones
Sensitivity 21
Iron Bias factory
WOW! That's a lot of digging. Great hunt.

🙂

Man GB
Custom 5 Tones
Sensitivity 21
Iron Bias factory
NICE hunting, Dan!

Steve

🙂

Man GB
Custom 5 Tones
Sensitivity 21
Iron Bias factory
An Epic Hunt.

Down to the lake again looking for sinkers Dan?😃 That is indeed ALOT of “stuff”! I’ll be eager to hear of your usage in those old 800 grounds…

Real nice finds!!! How did the battery look like at the end of the 6.5 hunt? Any Improvement from the 800?
I took a picture before putting it on the charger....the battery will outlast me no problem. The screen is a thing of beauty, and the menu system is a breeze. I never read the manual and I was able to customize the tones and tone bins. It a major upgrade from the 800.

Attachments

• battery.jpg
    battery.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 57