Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

6 by 8 sef coil

cw3

Just got the 6 by 8 sef coil with all the positive reviews. I was messing around in my back yard with a 9 inch mercury dime. I can hit it with the 6 by 8 sef coil. The swing speed has to be perfect or you get nothing. Swing speed needs to be 4 seconds left to right.. On the other hand the s-12 Sunray I can swing as fast as I can and it will still hit it. I know the 6 by 8 is meant to uncover targets in trash. I just like to know how deep each coil get.

Just one reason I like the bigger coils. Even in the trashy areas. I'm doing more testing in the wild. I mark targets then test the other coils. Any thoughts?

I've taken mine out only twice-- found $4 in clad a thin silver ring. It seems that I can really crank up the manual sensitivity, more than with my Tornado. I haven't done any depth tests, but I did hit a memorial at almost 9".

I'm not sure if it is the soil or the coil, but clad seems to ring up higher in CO. I had a solid 12 46 which got my attention-- two clad quarters stacked on each other at 5". 11 47 another clad quarter. 8 40 was the 925 ring. On my larger coils-- a silver canadian quarter was 17 46 and a washington was 12 46.

Anyway, the jury is still out on the coil for me. Cutaplug has a video where he is using it in a trashy park and got some silver.