Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

6" coil or the 10x5 joey coil?

MinelabMann

I have a lot of trashy areas I want to hit but I need the smaller coil to hit them good. With that said which coil is going to be better in trashy areas? Basically which one is the better buy? Thanks in advance

That will depend on how trashy your area is. The worse the trash, the smaller the coil. If you have an extreme level of junk I would suggest the 6. If you are talking more like a typical trashy curb-strip hunt and you hunt those places a lot, then I would suggest the 10x6.

the biggest drawback to the 6" is that it takes sooooo long to cover an area with good coverage.

Yes I could definitely see that being a issue. I had the digger coil for my xterra 705 and boy it would take forever to sweep a good size area. With the price of these coils I just want to make sure I get the right one. And there are some areas that are supper trashy with yesteryears trash.

Jason in Enid said:
That will depend on how trashy your area is. The worse the trash, the smaller the coil. If you have an extreme level of junk I would suggest the 6. If you are talking more like a typical trashy curb-strip hunt and you hunt those places a lot, then I would suggest the 10x6.

the biggest drawback to the 6" is that it takes sooooo long to cover an area with good coverage.

Save yourself so money get a used 6 inch there about the same in depth but the little 6 will separate better than the 10 x5 witch is the point of a small coil after all it won't cover the ground the joey will but will cover it better .sube

I have both and if I had to only keep one it would be the 6" coil. You just need to be patient with the 6" coil but it's a killer in heavy trash!

I THINK
i wood go with a 10x5 coil if it is supper trashy back off on the power. i like to get MAX DEPTH!!!!!!!! were ever.

i would like to find a used one 4 -my CTX but dont want to spend 400.00$ for a little coil. how much more weight VS 6 in, minelab.coil

As far as weight difference, I just weighed both of mine on my postal scale. The 6" weighs 15.5 oz, the 10x5 weighs 20.5 oz. I hunt farm fields whenever possible. The 10x5 lets you get a little closer to the row stubble, while still taking a 10" wide swath.

that little bit of weight is not to bad 4 i only swing 4-5hrs a day and i am sure i can ADJ. to it now i need to find a good buy on a used one
let me know if any one wants to make a deal

robertfrancisco666@gmail.com and thanks