Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

6" Double-D Smart Coil - Equinox:clap:

pacer

I see the 6" Double-D Smart Coil - Equinox 600 & 800 series is now a pre-order item. I'm surprised it's only $179.00.

interesting! I hadnt seen it yet for pre-order

So can we send them a picture of the money to be spent for this coil? I tried this once with one of those red light cameras - they sent me a picture of my vehicle going through the red light, so I sent them a picture of $79 in folding money. Apparently that police department didn't share my sense of humor....:blowup:

CZconnoisseur said:
So can we send them a picture of the money to be spent for this coil? I tried this once with one of those red light cameras - they sent me a picture of my vehicle going through the red light, so I sent them a picture of $79 in folding money. Apparently that police department didn't share my sense of humor....:blowup:

:clapping:
That's funny. If ML has a sense of humor, they'll send you a nice picture of the coil with fold-over paper tabs...ala those paper dolls for kids.
:)
mike

Pre order..... another way of saying its not available yet.

:rofl:

CZconnoisseur said:

I asked about extra lower rods as well, they did not have a clue when that's going to happen.

Maybe if they had more women in management they could multitask... :clapping:

Dan(NM) said:
I asked about extra lower rods as well, they did not have a clue when that's going to happen.

The lower rod for the Excal will work. The hole for the coil bolt just needs to be drilled a little bigger. I just made this today with an Excal lower shortened:

scubadetector said:

The lower rod for the Excal will work. The hole for the coil bolt just needs to be drilled a little bigger. I just made this today with an Excal lower shortened:

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j234/robertg_g/IMG_20180428_123658644_HDR_zpslrik1bfi.jpg

Thanks for the heads up, I was wondering if some other lower rod would work.

scubadetector --

Can you give me some more details about "the Excal lower rod will work?"

The outside diameter of the rod is the same size as the Equinox rod? The length is the same? The little spring-loaded "buttons" that allow rod length adjustments are there, to snap into place in the holes in the middle rod? The lower part of the rod fits properly between the coil ears? All you need to do is drill the bolt hole bigger?

Steve

sgoss66 said:
scubadetector --

Can you give me some more details about "the Excal lower rod will work?"

The outside diameter of the rod is the same size as the Equinox rod? The length is the same? The little spring-loaded "buttons" that allow rod length adjustments are there, to snap into place in the holes in the middle rod? The lower part of the rod fits properly between the coil ears? All you need to do is drill the bolt hole bigger?

Steve

Steve, it is the same length and diameter. I do not have an Excal and one was used, the other was cut and the piece that holds the coil was loose. So the short one I was able to glue the piece that holds the coil to the rod with the spring clip on the bottom. The long one the spring clip is on the left side but it was used and looks like it was re-glued. So I really do not know where the spring clip comes out on the Excal. If on the bottom then yes they are the same except the hole for the coil bolt. I just used a bolt from a CZ and made it work. However a drill press would easily make the whole about an 1/8" larger for the stock Equinox bolt. Hope this helps.

Steve, I just looked more closely at the long shaft I got. The top 4 inches is tapered down. NOT good. To use that in the Equinox you would either have to build it up with tape or cut it off and re-drill a hole for the spring clip. I bought these rods to cut down anyway so I could make dive shafts out of them.

If this one turns out to be too short and the coil is too close to the display, I will make one a little longer.