Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

6" Excelerator EQ2 opinion

dmckee17

Been out with my first new coil twice so far and I must say I'm not impressed. Went to a couple sites with one being an old park I've made some good finds at in the past with the Pro coil, nothing worth mentioning found besides a few pulltabs 2 to 3 inches deep. Granted, theres not many high tones left but spend enough time there and go slow enough and it usually produces an old keeper or two.

Today I went to an old school built in the 1920's where the ground is very difficult and signals are usually unstable or erratic, but also where I've made some decent finds in the past. The temps were cold and windy so I honestly didn't stay very long but again, not much but a little shallow junk. I haven't given up on it after only 2 trips, but its not proving its worth considering the hockey puckness of its size and how long it takes to search a small piece of ground, I feel like the trusty Pro coil is really gonna be hard to beat since it was designed for the Explorer SE Pro.

Edit: and YES it does llike iron!

I had that 6 inch coil years ago and loved it. Got one now and it doesn't have the same feel. But I haven't put the time in to make a judgement call yet. I have the 10 by 12 and love it but its my favorite deteck coil.

The 6" Excelerator EQ2 is nothing short of fantastic - used mine for well over 1000 hrs. before it shorted out - dug plenty of 7" to 8" dimes with it !

I decided to try the 4.5" x 7" after the 6" EQ2 shorted out - I don't think it hits quite as deep - but it is the ultimate coil for getting into tight spots !

Either one is great !

From everything I've read ... a lot people are also very happy with the SunRay X5 and SEF 6 x 8 coils.