Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

6 inch coil

metalfun

Hey guys Bought my 600 1 and a half years ago. Only around 40 hours on it, Just purchased the 6 inch coil for it and wondered if there was any advice for settings using the small coil.,Havnt been able to get out for 6 months due to work and prob, have to start all over on learning curve, Thanks for any advice,

Same settings. But in trashy areas I’d be lowering the sensivit so the signal doesn’t affect other close targets.
many time I run mine at 15-16.
Doug

Like Doug said, with the 6" coil I'm looking for separation and target recovery speed not depth. Sure it will go deeper than it's size but the point is to pick good targets out of thick trash. Turning up the sensitivity to max is just going to make iron false louder and shallow aluminum mask more. So I would hunt in Park 2 or Field 2 which are designed for smaller, deeper and harder to hit targets with default recovery speed, sensitivity on 15 to 20 (normal default) and enough iron bias to do what you need to do. If iron is your issue, you can turn down the iron target volume level to very low, change the pitch of the iron tone to one that does not offend your ears, change the iron tone break point and hunt with some iron accepted. I often hunt with -4 or -3 through +40 accepted. If I just press the horseshoe button to accept everything I sometimes get some ground noise on -9, -8 and -7 which is not coming from human produced iron. With the 6" coil, swing a little slower, investigate solid sounding signals from more than one direction with some iron accepted and really listen.

I did some extensive testing in my backyard with an 8” clad dime and the 6” coil. Just because it’s a tiny coil doesn’t mean we can going whipping it through iron infested / junk filled areas. At least not from my experiences...
The best combo that worked for me was a recovery of 3 and sensitivity at 22 or higher.
This little 6” coil smacked the dime with no problems. However soon as I went to recovery speed of 4, the tone started slightly breaking up. At 5 or higher forget it.

my other settings are Park1-multi freq
GB - 0
50 tones
“All-metal” mode
Iron bias - 0
Very slow swing speed.

I realized if I wanted both depth and separation,
The above combo worked very well for me.
Best of luck (y)