Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

6 inch coil

aval

Need help if it is worth buying a 6-inch coil for my Equinox 800. I've been watching reviews and have not decided as of yet.
Tbanks

i had a 6 inch coil but for my hunting i ended up just using the stock coil 95 % of the time

Couldn't wait for the sniper to come out, got one as soon as it did because I didn't consider my Nox complete until I had one.
The bigger Nox standard coil is shockingly adept at separation when hunting in heavy trash and iron, I have several detectors all with a pretty good selection of coils from sniper to standard and larger and many hours using all of them and I have never seen anything quite like it.
Still, I hunt in extremely bad mineralized red clay soil here in the SE. with also a shocking amount of extra iron and usually in sites so trashy it has caused the less hearty among us to run away screaming.
Severe masking is our biggest enemy here, so bad even a coin only 2" deep can be easily missed if the conditions are right...or to be precise really wrong.
I have used both coils in the same sites over and over and they have both done well but the sniper still finds me more and a little more easily with better reports and less confusing signals...for me in my devil dirt, anyway.
Mine paid for itself very quickly but that again was for me, my confidence level is always a bit higher when I mount my sniper which is 80% of the time.
It all depends on where you hunt, what you hunt and your particular site and soil conditions so you will get wildly varying opinions on this particular subject since we all hunt in different kinds of sites and areas of the country.

I wasn’t too impressed by it at first..found the ID wasn’t great and depth kinda suffered too But after using it a while I’ve grown to like It more..it balances very well and for micro jewelry hunting in freshwater it is awesome as long as you don’t mind digging lots of tiny stuff.. even field hunting found some button and whatnot that the stock coil didn’t and visa versa.. if I could only have one coil it would probably be the stock coil but Im happy with the 6” as well..it just gives you a little more separation thus it can lock on smaller targets..

In trashy parks, the six inch coil will pay for itself with better finds over time. Bought mine with the 800 and paid for the coil with a nice gold ring within a couple of months.

I bought the 6" coil and am quite impressed with it.

The Pros: It makes the Nox perfectly balanced and reduces the weight. It is great for getting into tight places. It snipes good targets in difficult trash and pinpoints very well because of the smaller size. And it will find tiny targets. I was able to find a silver earring back next to a metal children's slide on a playground.

The Cons: It covers less ground per sweep than the 11" coil, so it will take longer to cover the same amount of ground as the 11" coil. You should sweep slower with it, which may not really be a con unless you need to go fast. It may have a little less depth, although I haven't noticed that.

I don't normally hunt with it but I keep it on my belt in case I need it, and I've needed it more than a few times so I'm really glad I decided to get one.

I use mine 100% of the time when water hunting easier to swing works great.
Mark

Waiting for a 5x10 DD coil to come out, the six inch is just too small, i have had other detectors with 6" and didn't like them as well as the 5x10 i was hoping that the coil on the new mine lab that just came out would fit the Equinox, it looks like it is a 5x10 but no one seems to know it it will work, hopefully one will come out soon i think it will be a winner.

I bought the 6" coil and am quite impressed with it.

The Pros: It makes the Nox perfectly balanced and reduces the weight. It is great for getting into tight places. It snipes good targets in difficult trash and pinpoints very well because of the smaller size. And it will find tiny targets. I was able to find a silver earring back next to a metal children's slide on a playground.

The Cons: It covers less ground per sweep than the 11" coil, so it will take longer to cover the same amount of ground as the 11" coil. You should sweep slower with it, which may not really be a con unless you need to go fast. It may have a little less depth, although I haven't noticed that.

I don't normally hunt with it but I keep it on my belt in case I need it, and I've needed it more than a few times so I'm really glad I decided to get one.

It may not cover all the ground that the 11" does, but this 6" coil covers more ground for a six, than ANY 6 inch coil from any other manufacturer I've ever used.

I like my small coil for those areas with lots of targets. Make IDs easy and pinpointing easier. I do not notice any loss of depth, and it also lets me get right next to iron posts (playgrounds). It is amazing how I can have a constant signal from the post, and then hear the higher chirp of a coin next to the post!

I just wish the 6” was 5” , I remember the 5” coil on the T2 being perfect even for the tightest stubble groupings

Question 5900_xl-1
How would any one 6” coil cover better than any other 6” coil? The Nox 6” is an amazingly deep coil as 6” coils go- that I’ll say

When you are using the 6” remember it’s for trashy and tight areas not a corn field. S when I use mine I keep in mind on what type of detecting I am doing.
I usual turn my sensivity way down to around 10 so my signal doesn't splatter and get better separation. But this is just my opinion with no facts behind it but I’ve been doings this for 50 years.
If I want to go deep I increase it. I also do the same thing with my 11”.
All is just my opinion.
Doug