Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

6 inch coiltec treasure seeker coil.

jd88047

Have been hunting with this coil and doing really well. Now rings and pendants are eluding me but sure they will come in time. I am finding stuff at 8 inches easily. I run a coin program, ferrous, 4 tone. Auto sense in open, manual sens 10 around lerge metal.

I compared it against the stock coil and found the stock coil too deep for my hunt. I was really only wanting to glean the tot lots while i get a feel for the numbers. Zinc pennys want to ring up as a dime or quarter. Did not dig very much junk at all, really happy about that. Eventually will run all metal, but my ears is not ready for that yet.

This coil is heavy, but Im getting used to the weight of the Etrac. Compared to my F75 and AT Pro the etrac is like carrying a brick around.

I can tell you how many times there was foil or junk in the hole with the coin today. Even with fast on I was getting almost all coins.

The benefit from using this coil and the etrac compared to my AT Pro or F75 was very obvious to me. I would have dug as many if not more junk targets than I had coins today. I spent my time recovering good targets. Average hunt before etrac was a dollar or less for one park. Now Im getting 2 even 3 dollars a visit. Thats my gas money paid for right there.

I also went over some areas that has been hot hard by every machine out there to include the etrac. I still pulled a wheatie.

My next project is the 8 inch fbs 800 coil. I will hunt with it next and see if the seperation, depth, and id is the same. I want a lil more coverage.

To each their own I guess.
I have an 75se and much prefer it to the etrac in a totlot , especially with a 5 x 10 concentric coil.
Faster , covers more ground , more sensitive to small items even with sensitivity turned down and is not as affected by the support structures when detecting next to them

....glad to hear you are getting that sort of depth with the 6 inch COILTEK
i like mine as well....but have been concerned i am leaving a bunch of meat on the bone in terms of losing deep stuff
i HATE that the stupid Zincies ping in like that!! ugh
is that an Etrac thing...or 6 inch COILTEK thing??

I use the sun ray 5.5 inch when hunting woods it allows me to get close and under fallen trees.

It does really well with nickels and it gets depths around 7 to 8 inches.

As far as using it in wide open areas it doesn't appeal to me as it doesn't cover enough ground nor go deep enough.

I am glad its working out for you keep up the good work.

well DV...it is by default that i am using it really
i really didn't like the 11 inch stock coil
it cut such a wide swath with its beam that it caught too many objects at once for my taste and ears!
maybe in time i will use it...and in wide open cleaner areas but on the east coast, there is so much trash in the ground in many of the public places, it is nearly impossible to use that 11 incher
if i do private yards and such...i will dust it off!!lol

Oh I agree the F75 is fast and deep and very sensitive. I am learning my etrac. I also run a AT Pro with a 5x8 coil too. It actually will out hunt the F75 in a trashy park. Just my opinion. But the F75 will do it all except water, it dont do water.

I dont think the 6 inch leaves anything under 6 inches in the ground. That may extend out to 8 inches as it has really good separation. The tot lots here are made of dirt, sand, and wood chips. It was dark this morning when I started and those lil pieces of metal and nails were a bugger to find. Im putting a magnet on the back of my PP. I ran a 8 inch fbs800 coil today, but thats another post. Large coils are good to test new ground if your just listening to signals and seeing what is there. But I like to find it all and the small coils make finds quicker as I dont have to pp the targets. I also grid areas of interest, just know where the targets are gonna be. There are places where I crawl under and just us a PP.

One note about the 6 inch coil, it will handle large iron much better than the 8 inch coil. Could not detect with in 2 feet of playground equipment. My AT Pro with small coil will detect right up next to a pole if I go slow. The F75 with small 5 inch coil will get within a foot of a large pole or fence.

I still have to run the 6 inch coil in TTF yet. That will be the ultimate test.