Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

600 hundred more bucks

njgreg

After using the V for some months now I think that for six hundred bucks less the DFX is still a great machine. Put the 10 inch DD coil on it and I think it will find any thing the V finds.. I do like the features of the V, but it will cost you six hundred bucks more.

Maybe for you,...thats true. As for myself, the V3 far surpasses the dfx in depth, identification of targets, sound quality, visual features and is alot more functional! I wouldnt trade my V3 for ten of any other detectors out there! (my opinion!)

DEX = Changing settings and programs is a pain compared to the V3 !

V3 = Freedom from the WIRE ;-)

Jerry

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I would have to agree with you that the DFX is a fine detector. I have 10 years on the DFX and would venture to say that I know it quite well. But only 10 months on the V, barely scratching the surface of the first layer of the menu and already I get 2 to 3 inches deeper with the V and I haven't even started tweaking it yet. The extra depth and advanced features of the V3 makes the extra $600 seem like a bargain.

I love my DFX but...the V3 is so much easier to run. Picked it up a couple nights ago and it seemed so...inconvenient to move around in and slow to tweak compared to the V3. Truth be told though, I can probably run it better than the V at this point.

Jerry, I thought changing settings on the DFX was actually easier than the v3....just scrolling down the menu you would hit every parameter but on the v3 you have menus and submenues and expert settings etc. and it takes me a LOT longer to change anything. Having said that, I'm still glad I got the v3 and have a lot to learn since I haven't had it that long ....there may be lots of shortcuts on it that I don't even know about yet! -Dave

magic said:
Maybe for you,...that's true. As for myself, the V3 far surpasses the dfx in depth, identification of targets, sound quality, visual features and is alot more functional! I wouldnt trade my V3 for ten of any other detectors out there! (my opinion!)

It's OK to spend the money on the V. I did. I like it. It's a good machine. As good as the DFX. I need proof that the V goes deeper. Any body out there that can prove this to us guys that praise the V just because we have one.

Why should I spend my time and efforts proving it to you???
I know for myself what the V3 can do and thats all I need. If I were there and you were my hunting buddy, I would show you. But I dont need or want to prove anything to anyone. Take my word or not...makes no difference to me. All ground types are different and so are the operators. If I came to your part of the country, Maybe I could prove the V3 gets deeper, maybe not. Follow my post and you can see, I dont ask for help from anyone because I read these post and work with my machine. I will offer advise to anyone that wants to listen... When it get to someone saying..(PROVE IT TO ME)...I dont owe you a thing! My advise is to work with your machine and try to understand it... I have found my PROOF and I am out there finding things with the fruits of my labor. Maybe you should give it a shot!

I have owned both and couldn't have said it better myself Larry.

magic said:
I know for myself what the V3 can do and thats all I need. If I were there and you were my hunting buddy, I would show you. But I dont need or want to prove anything to anyone. Take my word or not...makes no difference to me. All ground types are different and so are the operators. If I came to your part of the country, Maybe I could prove the V3 gets deeper, maybe not. Follow my post and you can see, I dont ask for help from anyone because I read these post and work with my machine. I will offer advise to anyone that wants to listen... When it get to someone saying..(PROVE IT TO ME)...I dont owe you a thing! My advise is to work with your machine and try to understand it... I have found my PROOF and I am out there finding things with the fruits of my labor. Maybe you should give it a shot!

Well you proved one thing. Some people will defend something they have, just because they have it. The (vision) is a different machine then the DFX, not better, not worse. To give advice to folks who read this forum and tell them that the V will go two more inches deeper or what ever then the DFX is just not a fact, at , least from what I can tell. Some have defended you here on this forum most likely because you have been on this forum for some time and that this understandable. It however does not make the V a better machine then the DFX. I go out about four or five times a week for around three or four hours at a time. I don't do a lot of cladding. I think I have a good understanding of the V. I can't give advice to you or others as I agree with what you said. Ground conditions, ect.,ect.. I have taken both machines out in the woods and in a couple of old yards and compared the two. So far they have had no problem finding the same target. They do however read it different. I would love to go out with somebody else who has a V to see how they really are. As it is not a good test to use my skills to test the two. I also agree with you on somthing else. You owe me nothing and you have nothing to prove to me. But I would still like to see the proof. LOL!!!

Well said, Magic.

njgreg said:
magic said:

Well you proved one thing. Some people will defend something they have, just because they have it. The (vision) is a different machine then the DFX, not better, not worse. To give advice to folks who read this forum and tell them that the V will go two more inches deeper or what ever then the DFX is just not a fact, at , least from what I can tell. Some have defended you here on this forum most likely because you have been on this forum for some time and that this understandable. It however does not make the V a better machine then the DFX. I go out about four or five times a week for around three or four hours at a time. I don't do a lot of cladding. I think I have a good understanding of the V. I can't give advice to you or others as I agree with what you said. Ground conditions, ect.,ect.. I have taken both machines out in the woods and in a couple of old yards and compared the two. So far they have had no problem finding the same target. They do however read it different. I would love to go out with somebody else who has a V to see how they really are. As it is not a good test to use my skills to test the two. I also agree with you on something else. You owe me nothing and you have nothing to prove to me. But I would still like to see the proof. I should have stated in my post that I was not asking you to prove it to me . Maybe somebody less bias. LOL!!!

Its hard to accept your pride and joy is not the top dog any more but it happens its happened to me and in a few years when whites comes out with something that crushes the V3 I will have to accept that. The V3 in my opinion when properly set and with the right user will crush the dfx.

jer4004 said:
Its hard to accept your pride and joy is not the top dog any more but it happens its happened to me and in a few years when whites comes out with something that crushes the V3 I will have to accept that. The V3 in my opinion when properly set and with the right user will crush the dfx.

Now that's funny!!! I hope your correct. It has yet to be proved. Maybe in time and some side by side comparisons

It has been proved by some of us that get out there and do the work and not ask other people to do it for us. As you see in this post..
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?66,991677
This is something that has been said all along and it seems as if you are just now finding it. Read these post, do your own test... Like it or not, thats the only way you will be satisfied with your machine. I had the DFX for years and never thought it could be topped until now. And I am sure that in the future,...it will be topped again but the future isnt here yet so I will keep on with the V3. Its funny how some people want others to not only give them advise, but want them to do other things for them as well. These forums is for talking about and learning from other users and not requesting that someone do some test for them just to prove something to them. Like I said before, all ground is different, results may vary.. That elliptical coil may or may not help you a bit depending on your ground and how well you can use your machine.

njgreg said:
Now that's funny!!! I hope your correct. It has yet to be proved. Maybe in time and some side by side comparisons

I am glad you found it funny because it was in no way meant to be offensive. I had just bought an xlt when the dfx came out and refused to believe it was any better. Than the mxt came out and people were ripping the xlt even more. I also am not ripping the dfx at all it will probably find 95% of what the V3 can find. I have heard from a couple of dealers though that the V3 is 10% deeper than the dfx I need all the help I can get so I will take 10%.

Hi Dave,
>>Jerry, I thought changing settings on the DFX was actually easier than the v3<<

I just find the V3 easier. Just use the arrow key to what part of the system I want to adjust, then up or down to reset and hit the trigger. On the DFX I had to go step by step thru the whole menu to get to whatever :-(

Now I do admit I did use one custom program 99

This is about the only hobby that pays you back over time.
So consider that when you gasp over the price tag of modern equipment.
Me ... I deserve to use the best money can buy ... I know it will pay me back and in the long run wont cost a dime!

If you think the DFX is as deep detecting as the new V3 then good for you.
White's knew they had to come up with something to compete with Minelab Explorer's and E-tracks or lose out ... and the V3 is their answer.
Why do you think so many hard core hunters are selling the E-tracks and buying a V3?
Do you know something they dont ... or could it be the other way around?

As far as proving something ... I agree with Magic.

Why would I want others cleaning out MY hunting spots using the very detector I had to prove to them works better than what they had.
If the V3 is really the better machine do I really want everyone using one?

magic said:
It has been proved by some of us that get out there and do the work and not ask other people to do it for us. As you see in this post..
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?66,991677
This is something that has been said all along and it seems as if you are just now finding it. Read these post, do your own test... Like it or not, thats the only way you will be satisfied with your machine. I had the DFX for years and never thought it could be topped until now. And I am sure that in the future,...it will be topped again but the future isnt here yet so I will keep on with the V3. Its funny how some people want others to not only give them advise, but want them to do other things for them as well. These forums is for talking about and learning from other users and not requesting that someone do some test for them just to prove something to them. Like I said before, all ground is different, results may vary.. That elliptical coil may or may not help you a bit depending on your ground and how well you can use your machine.

I have done my own tests. I just told you what I did. I go out more then the average person. I don't brag about my finds any more. I used to on other forums. It was only self serving any way. It is amazing how bias some forums are. You can't say anything negitive about a gus new toy because his is the best. LMAO Well I see you and guys like you only want to hear that you machine is the best and it can't be topped.

I say save 600 bucks and the cost of buying new coils. The DFX is just as good as the V just different. I do like the V and like to use it. Hey if you have lots of money go for it. It's a great machine.