Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

600 vs 800 at beach

John (Ma)

For those familiar with both units, would the 600 be just as good at the salt beaches? I would assume fresh water would be about the same? Thanks

There are some differences in digital settings....... but if you arent planning on using the HIGHER gold freq and use 50 tones.... save some money and go with the 600. In multi it uses the freqs/algorithms. If you are used to the 50 tones...... i think it gives more info on the target. Setting 5 tones..... you have to tune it to your liking...... but sometimes that is affected by iron jumping into that second bin. Hey ...... but you do get that VERY pricy WM for your field phones lol.

+1 to what Dew said. 600 should be just as good.

Unless you hunt for gold nuggets in the gold fields the 600 will fill all your coin shooting and beach hunting needs.
Dont waste money on features you will never use.

The 600 is good enough on the beach. Take the extra money and invest in a carbon fiber shaft with a counter weight. Take my word for it.

Minlooker said:
AND Or a good set of water proof ear phones.

There, fixed it for ya! :clapping:

Except for the User Profile, backlight settings, more recovery speed settings and audio options on the 800, the 600 will detect just the same in Park, Field and Beach modes.
Save the money and get a good quality waterproof handheld pinpointer and nice scoop.

Jeff