Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

6000 Mile Search for a LC was Successful

Great trip, the comment that really caught my eye was "$1076 on gas, $30.50 on tolls," over in OZ you would have spent $3000 on fuel and $30.50 will not get you from the suburbs to the centre of the city in Sydney.

Great story Mike and glad you made it back home safe and sound.
It's funny, I said to my wife I wanted you to find your first large cent in PA, and wallah, two! If I had been there, you may not have walked the same area that you did. You used your own senses to bird dog out a LC, congratulations. Correct me if I'm remembering wrong Mike, but I think you had that place on your radar...I just suggested what area in the place, but thanks for the credit I didn't really earn.
Great talking to you as you visited our state. You are a fine gentleman and I wished I had met and hunted with you, oh well maybe next time.
Again, Great Story!

SteveO.

Especially to a new comer to the hobby as myself. I've only had my detector for about a month now and really havent taken it out for a major hunt as i've been busy with work and ofcourse researching. reading this post has gotten me motivated to want to get out and "Git ur Done".

Thanks for posting Mason. :beers:

Mike, it was great to meet you and I enjoyed our hunt together. Glad you got a great coin from Vermont and made it home safetly.
Jon

That is a great story with an even better ending. I'm so glad you accomplished your goal. I have to say that this " I don't know if there were any more targets there or not. I quit. My goal had been to find a LC and I had two, so I figured I'd leave some in case another person came along with the same goal as I'd had.", is the best part. That's what it's all about. Good on you, you deserve a big pat on the back. Congrats, Joe

After soaking in olive oil for a couple of weeks, the Draped Bust LC I thought was a 1797 is actually a 1799. It's severely corroded and holed, but had it been in better condition my Red Book says it would have been worth around $1250. Of course, my whole trip was based on finding a LC so I'll never turn loose of it.

Amazing story and finds. A trip of a lifetime. Thanks for sharing. HH

Wow, absolutely amazing . and congratulations job well done.

Excellent recoveries and story!
Bunker