Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

6000 XL pro COIL Questions

Harold said:
Can you run the signal balance higher with the 5.3 coil? And do you hunt in GEB DISC.?

I hunt 99% of the time in GEB DISC cuz I go to the local parks here. Some of the older ones yield silver and IH pennies still to this day. The coil size does not dictate the setting for higher signal balance. . . It's your ground and environment.

What I learned is:
a) The AUTO GEB must be reset after every SIG BAL adjustment. Failure to reset the AUTO GEB after a SIG BAL adjustment will result in improper ground rejection and poor performance. The SIG BAL and AUTO GEB controls work in unison to tune out the effects of bad ground and maximize detection depth.

b) Fine tuning the XL PRO will improve performance, particularly in mineralized ground (ground containing magnetic and/or conductive compounds). The keys to fine tuning are the AUTO GEB switch and the SIG BAL control.

1. AUTO GEB: Ground mineral effects are minimized by using the AUTO GEB switch. The AUTO GEB switch balances the detector to compensate or reject the soils specific magnetic and/or conductive minerals. When the XL PRO is balanced for that specific type of ground the detector can see further through it to detect deeper metal targets.

2. SIG BAL: The Signal Balance control allows the receive signal from the coil to be optimized for the ground rejection circuits preventing overload and increasing detection depth in a variety of ground conditions. The signal from the soils magnetic and/or conductive minerals is often several thousand times larger than that of a metal target. By tailoring this signal to what AUTO GEB can adequately handle overloading (signal saturation) is avoided and maximum detection depth can be achieved in each specific area or ground conditions. SIG BAL will also affect overall stability against external electrical noise and should be set for smooth stable performance in any given area.

Hope this answers your question?

Good Luck,

TC-NM

Flintstone said:
Hay guys, What detectors other than Whites run on 6.59KHz? Is there a detector that has a DD coil that a guy could make work on a XLT, 6000 PRO, PRO XL, I was told that the little 4x6 dd don,t go very deep. I have a Big Foot coil for my 6000 PRO, and Eagle 11 Sl, but sure would like to have a 6x10 DD or 4x8 dd. I see they make a adapter to fit other coils on them, but think you would need close to the 6.59KHz anyway. Thanks Flintstone

Sure would be nice if a 6x10 DD would be made. This would of been a killer combination!

Whites didn't start making DD's for the MXT, DFX, V3i and others because of the higher operating freq. used in the later years.

Your Big Foot (6.592 Khz) coil is somewhat configured as a DD or did you know that?

TC-NM

Thanks for the reply. One last question due you leave hot rock reject off or on? Some say better deep with it off,But smoother with it on. Thanks.

Harold said:
Thanks for the reply. One last question due you leave hot rock reject off or on? Some say better deep with it off,But smoother with it on. Thanks.

The common wisdom is just what you said. I find hot rocks are easy to identify since they don't pinpoint well.

The hot rock mode will lessen the depth but its a whiz in klinkers as you can cherry pick out the coins and not the klinkers makes it great. shortribs