Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

69 Targets Sampled 1700's to 1900's Gold, Silver, etc.

Charles (Upstate NY)

I sampled 69 targets and mapped them in Excel for a field reference guide, enjoy!

Setup Notes - EQ800, Park 1, Sensitivity 22, Recover Speed 3, 50 Tones. All other settings were factory default for Park 1. These TID's are the solid repeatable TID's for each target sampled at about 8 inches. At greater depths you will see TID's change or jump depending on your settings and which mode you are in. I found Park 2 and Field 2 gave reliable TID to much greater depths, and at extreme depths when the TID did start to change they didn't jump between TID's the TID just gradually lowered. So a Barber dime at 11 inches that was a consistent 25, dropped to 24 at 12 inches, 23 at 13 inches and so on. At the limits where Park 2 wouldn't even give a TID the tone was still spot on. Less good news for Park 1 and Field 1 the TID was much less consistent vs Park 2 and Field 2. In Park 1 and Field 1 TID's really started bouncing around sometimes 3-5 points at depths where TID was still rock solid consistent in Park 2 and Field 2. Recovery speed set to 3 remember. At the higher factory default recovery speeds TID's were much less reliable and at shallower depths.

park1.jpg

Very nice work Charles I have played with recovery of 4 and it seems sweet in my ground ....
I can't wait to get my manual out and study the difference in these modes.....as well as the prospecting modes.... As long as the heat holds out I will grow some scales and stay in the water....;)
Happy trails
Jimpugh

Jim...... you can down load the manual. There isnt one with the machine. Great job on those Charles...... and time consuming. Nothing gospel on gold...... its all over the place from 1 to 23 ive found.... and it changes based on depth and POSITION of the targets.

Charles....... that depends on the conditions.... for water, wet or dry sand. 3 mostly...... ill change that based the ear numbing chatter.

dewcon4414 said:
Charles....... that depends on the conditions.... for water, wet or dry sand. 3 mostly...... ill change that based the ear numbing chatter.

I'll have to test Beach 1 to see if its more like Park 1 or Park 2. Park 2 has awesome TID and tone consistency from shallow to deep to so deep you don't even get a TID. Park 2 TID for a given target say a silver dime is 25 and remains 25 with no bouncing to other TID numbers until 10-11 inches. Only then does it start to change, but instead of bouncing it simply lowers a point to 24. Deeper still then 23. But doesn't really bounce. Park 1 on the other hand is bouncy, 3-5 different TID's past a certain depth.

While my finds are mostly generically common, my number seem to agree with your results. Thank you for the work!

Very nice chart! Thanks for posting!

Thanks for your hard work Charles people should appreciate the time involved to make a chart like this love the chart .:thumbup: sube

Thanks a bunch for sharing I have been digging all signals above 18 anything that switches between 12 and 14, and signals between 14 and 17 that are not changing and are repeatable. Sooner or later I'll find some gold and thanks to your chart I know what the other Treasures read.

sube said:
Thanks for your hard work Charles people should appreciate the time involved to make a chart like this love the chart .:thumbup: sube

Thank Mike Moutray, MO for posting some helpful stuff like this when we were all struggling with the Explorer back in the day, he inspired me to pay it back!

thanks for taking the time to create this chart. I think we all have that one bucket list target we wonder what it would read, this
can help answer that question. The Trime would be my bucket list item. I dig all deep targets if they are not solid iron readings or sound
I have found with my old detector (Safari) if it reads iron but doesn't sound like iron dig it. Found several IH pennies close to iron nails.
not sure I will experience that with the Equinox since it's so fast.

Thanks! Nice chart and info on results from different modes.