Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

6x8 SEF sniffs out some silvers from a previously hunted trashy area

Cutaplug

Took the 6x8 SEF coil and headed to a big mansion I've been pulling a lot of stuff from. Managed to get 3 more silvers out of an area I've hunted twice and Dad has hunted once with larger coils. It's always fun to squeak out good targets amongst the trash =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PscbYt3a1DY

Sooper Dave said:
Great going on 3 more silvers for the year! The 6X8 is an awesome coil for getting through the trash. :thumbup:

Thanks Dave =) Have been indoors playing board games and watching like 50 Christmas movies with the wife so had to get out of the house :detecting:

RCDetector said:
Thanks Dave =) Have been indoors playing board games and watching like 50 Christmas movies with the wife so had to get out of the house :detecting:

I know what you mean, it has been raining here everyday. I went out today temp about 35 and snow. I found a few old shoe buckles, a small button and another CW bullet. No old coins though, But had a blast! Do you think you will be able to get out any more this year?

Sooper Dave said:
Do you think you will be able to get out any more this year?

Went hunting yesterday with dad to a house he got a tip on that was bulldozed down about a year ago. Rumor was that the old lady that lived there liked to throw change in the back yard. Turns out there were coins everywhere and I pulled several silver quarters right on the surface. I don't think the lady threw coins in her back yard but I think there were jars of coins that got scattered when it was dozed. Anyway was a very exciting day and got multiple silvers so decided that would be the last day I hunt this year =) Will get the vid uploaded in the next day or so. Will also make a video and get some pics uploaded soon of my 2012 total finds.

Super review I love mine

Dave I also love the quality of your videos and have been following you. I saw that you went to the NEL 13 coil in one of your videos and I been trying to decide do I want a SEF12x 10 or the NEL everyone use to talk about. How do you like yours.Is the SEF 12 x 10 as good or is the NEL that much better. I've got the X5 for my small coil and now I'm ready to spend the money and it doesn't matter how much for the bigger coil.Your advise would be appreciated. Jeff63 PS the
SEF are so hard to get from Kelly Co I tried to order them last year and they kept telling me they were on back order so I gave up on them.

Jeff63 said:
Dave I also love the quality of your videos and have been following you. I saw that you went to the NEL 13 coil in one of your videos and I been trying to decide do I want a SEF12x 10 or the NEL everyone use to talk about. How do you like yours.Is the SEF 12 x 10 as good or is the NEL that much better. I've got the X5 for my small coil and now I'm ready to spend the money and it doesn't matter how much for the bigger coil.Your advise would be appreciated. Jeff63 PS the
SEF are so hard to get from Kelly Co I tried to order them last year and they kept telling me they were on back order so I gave up on them.

Thanks for the kind words Jeff! I haven't used the SEF 12x10 so honestly wouldn't be the person to ask. Got the 12x13 about 8 months ago and it's now the main coil I use. I have the opportunity to hunt next to my Dad often and compair the stock coil with my 12x13 when I get deep or iffy signals. I can tell you that the 12x13 doesn't go that much deeper than the pro coil on coins laying flat. Probably 1" deeper at most. Where it really shines is on coins on edge. There have been many times when coins were on edge and the pro coil had a hard time producing a signal where the 12x13 picked it up fine. But that's not to say that the 12x10 SEF wouldn't pick up the same coins on edge due to the larger coil size... All I know is that it's working very well for me and why fix what isn't broken. I'm sure there are several experienced members that have both coils that might be able to chime in :thumbup:

Thanks RC for the info. I guess everyone going for the 10 x12 cant't be wrong. I heard Kelly Co got a shipment so I'll give them a call after all I can get the lower shaft to go with it for about the same price.

Nice finds RC! Thanks for the pictures.

NebTrac