Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

7" concentric for Racer

oleterryg

Ordered the new 7" concentric for my Red Racer, Mon morning, received it this morning. Unbelievable service from medaldetector.com.

Very impressed with this coil. May be a game changer.
Number 1, it's light and feels so good on the Racer .

#2: It works perfectly right out of the box. Almost eerie.
Placed a quarter, dime, and penny, on the ground. Turned Racer on to factory settings, and not even a whimper. I says, "something must be wrong".
Swung the coil over the targets and whooa , got perfect signals up to 8 to 9" when pin pointing. Pushed sensitivity up to 90 and another whooa. Won't even go there when I did all metal.

What really impressed me was pinpointing. Granted, I knew where the targets were, but you just knew this was special.

I haven't ordered one yet, really anxious to hear what your thoughts on the coil are after using it a bit. I bet it's going to be a great coil.

I can't wait to do a real hunt. Tomorrow morning.

LOL, well I went ahead and ordered the 7" Concentric for my Racer 2. Hell if you're that excited about a coil right out of the box.....that's good enough for me :) Also Monte has been working a 7" concentric for the Impact...so I'm sure we will hear from him at some point in time. But from what I gather.....its one great little coil.....of the two Impact machines that he has...it sounds like the 7" concentric might be stuck on the end of one of them full time.

Gregg, that's the same initial feeling I have about this coin. Thete to stay.

I remember when a concentric was the only thing I'd use, and I had to be pulled along grudgingly when DD coils were introduced. Since most detectors have had DD coils by default for a while now, it's been a minute since I've used a concentric--probably the last one was on my Outlaw. But hearing this, it sounds like I will be ordering one soon for R2. Am interested in hearing some in-the-field reports about how it works in iron or other heavy trash.

OregonGregg said:
LOL, well I went ahead and ordered the 7" Concentric for my Racer 2. Hell if you're that excited about a coil right out of the box.....that's good enough for me :) Also Monte has been working a 7" concentric for the Impact...so I'm sure we will hear from him at some point in time. But from what I gather.....its one great little coil.....of the two Impact machines that he has...it sounds like the 7" concentric might be stuck on the end of one of them full time.

Gregg, I have a feeling you are 100% correct!

Don't get me wrong, I really like all of the DD coils we have from Makro / Nokta for the Racer series, FORS series and Impact. Their detectors were designed with those DD coils and they impress me very well, and all have a purpose to be in my detector and coil arsenal. That said, ever since I got a Nokta FORS CoRe in my hand in early January of '15, soon followed by an original Racer, I have asked, from the start, for a Concentric coil. I am quite partial to a good working Concentric coil hooked to the end of a great working detector, and have been enjoying my 5½X10 Concentric on my FORS Relic for the past twenty months. All along I have been hoping for a Concentric coil for my FORS CoRe or FORS Relic, and I'll continue hoping the good folks over in Turkey will offer that option in the future.

If they do, I feel this new 7" Concentric coil would be a perfect size and design for them to use. Until that happens, and I hope it might, we have the benefit of enjoying an excellent search coil for the Racer/Racer 2 and Impact models, and as Gregg guessed, this coil is likely to stay mounted full-time on my main-use Impact. Very light weight, well balanced, and typical concentric coil performance afield, with very satisfactory depth of detection for those more open areas with less masking trash.

Matter-of-fact, I'm out the door in ten minutes to go put more field time in with it, and I'll be enjoying every minute of it, too. An exceptionally fine search coil. :thumbup: :clapping:

Monte

After 2 hour hunt:
I like the way it feels on my racer, light and we'll balanced. No problem swinging for two hours, and swing I did, as targets were few.

I hunted a new piece of ground, and didn't know what to expect.
A small lime sink. A toy airplane, set of two keys, 2 dimes, a nickel, and 6 pennies, including 1 wheat.

Pinpointing is amazingly accurate. I mean, spot on center.
I found depth to be about the same as the stock coil.

It's a keeper. Imio.

I say 'almost' because I don't have the 7" Concentric for the Racer series yet, but I DO have the 7" Concentric coil mounted on my main-use Nokta Impact and it has to be about 'THE BEST' search coil anyone could want to have in their arsenal. I have used mine steadily ever since I got it for urban Coin & Jewelry Hunting sites from here in Vale Oregon to Boise Idaho. Then I worked it yesterday at a CCC site that was later a Japanese Internment Camp during WW-II. Today I gave it a tougher challenge as I met Oregon Gregg up at 'Lone Tree' where I could hunt a lot of area, but mainly concentrate on several sections that have an especially dense amount of mixed iron junk and ample rusty tin, from cans and can lids to small decaying shards of tin.

Not only is this 7" Concentric coil light weight and amazingly well balanced, but it was also well designed to have the rod mounting point close to the center axis of the coil. The Pinpointing is as perfect as any Concentric coil could ever be. And we can now experience the advantages a good Concentric coil can offer over a Double-D design when it comes to dealing with bottle caps, rusty tin and other pesky challenging iron junk. Much better audio identification of the discarded iron junk, with lower-reading and easily 'classified' audio and visual responses from typical ferrous discards.

Very well balanced and comfortable to use for a longer duration of hunting w/o undue fatigue. Gregg has one ordered and on the way for his Racer 2 and I am certain that once he puts in an hour or two with it, hunting the many sites we tend to visit frequently, he will likely end up feeling the same way I do, and that is to have a dedicated detector assigned the 7" Concentric coil to keep mounted on a full-time basis, and do so for one excellent reason ... it is a nearly perfect all-purpose/general-purpose search coil.

I am certain you will get one, and when you do you'll know what I mean. It's amazing how the Nokta / Makro group just seem to keep bringing us detectors and coils that are so well engineered, and they listen to their consumer base to provide us all the products that seem to be in demand and asked for. Maybe sometimes a little slower than what we like, but they come through most of the time. I have been wanting, begging for, a Concentric coil of this size ever since I got my FORS CoRe three January's ago. I also wanted one for the Racer series and the Nokta FORS Relic, and then the Impact once it hit my hands and I worked it afield.

Today, owners of a Makro Racer or Racer 2 and the Nokta Impact are getting what might be 'special treatment' because a manufacturer rose to the occasion and has given us what we want AND need with this 7" Concentric coil. I only hope and wish there is enough request and demand from Nokta FORS CoRe and Relic users that the good folks in Turkey will feel the urge to use this same 7" configuration and produce a Concentric for the Relic and CoRe devices as well.

Monte

I don't believe there is a 7" concentric coil got the IMPACT. I think it's right up there with Fairy Dust and Unicorns. It's a myth, Fairy Tale, Yarn, BS, a Lark or anything else you can think of.

the nicer additions Nokta / Makro could have made to the Impact and Racer series models.

Gregg Z. should have his 7" Con. for the Racer 2 soon, and if it works as well as the 7" Concentric on my Impact he is going to thoroughly enjoy it! It has made me rethink my search coil assignments a bit on the Impact units. I just need more lower rods for that device to keep a couple of the extra coils mounted and ready-to-go, but for now the 7" Concentric is staying mounted on my first Impact, and the 5X9½ DD is on my other. Might put in some more time working the 5X9½ and stock 7X11 DD's against each other in a few low-to-modest trashy sites and determine which will stay mounted most of the time, but right now I am leaning toward the 5X9½ DD.

In those iron littered places, with all that difficult-to-see dense mix of rusty tin shards and square nails where you found the 1865 Seated Liberty 10¢ on the June WTHO, I worked the new 7" Concentric against the round 5" DD and 4X7½ DD. While every coil will have its strengths and weaknesses, the 7" Concentric was just a pleasure to use. Gregg Z. has the 7" Concentric on the way for his Racer 2 and we'll be sure to check them out side-by-side. Knowing how well the Racer 2 works, I feel certain there will be similar performance behavior in those rusty tin saturated old town sites and Gregg will likely keep the 7" Con. coil mounted full-time on one of his Racer 2's as I do on an Impact.

I don't doubt that you will enjoy one as well on your Racer 2 or on the Impact ... maybe one on each? :shrug:

Monte

It would be interesting for someone to post a video showing the 7" concentric coil using Di3 mode, tested against the next largest sized DD coil on some of those rusty tin/iron bits of junk that litter most ghost towns and waste so much time digging. Like an A/B comparison on the audio and TID on a few targets (heck even a few good ones, like a silver dime and a nickle).

I'm curious how much better the audio and TID is with the 7" concentric coil :shrug:

After 3 hunts with the 7" concentric, I can't say if it has any a vantage in depth vs the stock DD coil.

What I do know is it's a pleasure to swing, covers enough ground, and is amazing to pin point.

I've only had the opportunity to go out once with the new 7c. So far these are my observations, light easy to swing, easy to pinpoint, great tid and hot on nickles! Seems to work in between junk and iron, takes full advantage of the racers blendie audio.
I put my 6x10 in the box that it came in when I got it, don't see myself taking out anytime soon. This coil feels like a combo of the oor and a larger coil. I'm glad Makro decided on a round profile and not a faux dd shape. Like I said it feels like Makro took the little oor and hot rodded it!

In a 2 hour hunt this morning, I found 26 older clad coins, 4 q, 4 d, 1 n, 17 p. Two of the q were 1965. Close.

I hunted a small area around a ball field, beyond the outfield. I really wasn't expecting much, but wanted to give much new combo a shot. I love the 7" coil. Flat out I do. Of course the 7" is no good without the Red Racer. It's a magnificent combo.

Finally had a chance to use the 7" concentric coil on my Racer 2. And as everyone has stated above it's a great coil. Took it out to one of my local ghost towns and it found some keepers, a Chinese cash coin and doo dads. Its the little button with the flower design, it's about the same diameter as a pencil erasure. In the iron nail/trash mix, it was able to hit that and sniff it out. I was impressed.

The coil works nicely and provides additional coverage without being a "big" coil. On Rusted Tin pieces, well, rusted tin is rusted tin and the nightmare in any ghost town. The rusted bottle caps it would knock them down into lower numbers and give a better scratchy signal and if you backed the coil off a little bit the numbers would immediately drop, generally, on a good non-ferrous target the numbers will hold fairly tight when you back the coil off slightly.

It's great to see Nokta/Makro finally come out with a concentric coil. It's definitely a coil that will stay in my arsenal and will get a whole lot of use. That's one of the things nice about the Racer(s) is the coil selection. You can get a coil that is 4.7x5" up to 15" with a nice selection of sizes in between.

Now if I could just get a Concentric for my Fors CoRe :)

Gregg----(IYO), what's that new 7" concentric doing better than the Snake coil on the Racer 2 in our ghost towns/old camps out here?-----I can usually tell the steel b.c.'s (crown caps) with the Snake--but the busted tin still gives me fits.-----Is that new coil any better in that regard?---------Also--is it passing the nail board 8 for 8?-----------Del

Gregg, you are another who now offers their wish for a similar 7" round Concentric coil for their Nokta FORS CoRe, and I'll add a need/desire to produce one for the also excellent FORS Relic. I know that my 7" Concentric is staying full-time on one of my Nokta Impacts, and I would like to have such a Concentric coil for the CoRe and relic as well. As you are now finding with the Racer 2, this new design 7" Concentric is a 'must-have' coil for any avid detectorist!

And you are also correct, as most of us know, the Nokta / Makro team are great at listening to and working hard to meet the needs of their loyal consumers.

Monte

Yes, it is. Like a good Concentric coil, it surpasses the Double-D's in many ways with more tell-tale audio and visual information.

D&P-OR said:
Gregg----(IYO), what's that new 7" concentric doing better than the Snake coil on the Racer 2 in our ghost towns/old camps out here?-----I can usually tell the steel b.c.'s (crown caps) with the Snake--but the busted tin still gives me fits.-----Is that new coil any better in that regard?---------Also--is it passing the nail board 8 for 8?-----------Del
I'm not Gregg, but absolutely, no problems at all on the NBPT as it gives very clean responses, 8-out-of-8 without a whimper.

Monte