Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

7" concentric for Racer

Monte - Have you heard when Nokta will be shipping the concentrics for the Impact? I keep checking but I haven't been able to find one for the Impact. Wish I could have been a tester for that coil.

Hey Del, so what does the 7" concentric have that the Snake doesn't.....

I feel for most the sites I am not losing performance using this coil while gaining a bit more coverage at the same time. But only having the coil a few days I do want to see what it can really do. On the NBT with a zinc penny, the coil had no problem what so ever doing the test. In fact, Monte has a T2 Classic that he got in a trade deal that has a Snake coil attached to it. On the NBT the 7" Concentric coil outperformed the T2. The 7" easily hit 8 of 8 while the T2 struggled on a couple of the directions. The Racer 2 with that coil also gave a cleaner response in 2 & 3 tones over the T2. I also tried my R2 with Snake coil getting the same results. So in most situations ( maybe all) the 7" gives me the performance without much worry.

However, for my own curiosity, I will do the Unstandard NBT, making the test harder and harder until the last coil standing. I want to see how this coil hangs in there with the smaller OOR coil, 5" coil and the NEL's. My gut feeling is it will do pretty darn good. And as Monte stated the Concentric does help in identifying the crap better. Am I ready to throw my snake coil away.........nope. I'm pretty parcel to that coil, it does very well in hunting those iron/rusted tin sites.

My thinking now is that I will prob use the 7" to hunt sites like Lone Tree, Cobre, Tobar etc.....trashy sites but not extremely trashy. Sites like Toano where I couldn't even ground balance the oor coil without walking back out to the road we drove in on to finally find a spot that was free of iron/rusted tin etc. In the extreme trash, I'll still grab my snake coil. I am familiar with it and know what it can do. But like I said, time will tell. I do know that I will be using the new 7" coil a lot. I feel it's a great coil to have in the arsenal. Even if not hunting ghost towns, it would be a great "all round" coil to have. It's a breeze to swing on the Racer 2.

Sidenote: On the NBT that we did yesterday, we randomly picked a spot and threw the NBT down on the ground while at "lone tree'' So, besides the 4 nails to contend with, there was other debris in the ground and under the nail board, the reason why the T2 struggled on a few directions. We then raised the coil while doing the test to see how high we could get above the board before losing a reading entirely, the T2 was able to get about 1 to 1.5" higher over the Racer 2. Monte ran the T2 while doing the test and I used my Racer 2's

Thanks for the responses guys.----I guess I will have to pull out my ever de-flatting wallet & get one of 'em.:)-----I'll tell you one thing though---it's got one tough act to follow with that Snake coil on the Racer 2 (in my humble opinion).----The 7" C does sound like a nice/effective coil.--------Del

I've owned my Red Racer for around two months. The stock coil was too heavy for my troubled hands. So I quickly purchased the 5" dd, which I used until purchasing the 7" c.

Imho, the Red Racer/7" combo is magnificent. Perfect. I don't know how it could possibly get any better. Everything Monte and Gregg have said is very true.

I don't think it is my imagination, and I don't take measurements, except with my Lesche shovel blade and Pin pointer, but I am finding coins, bottle caps, and pull tabs, deeper than I have experienced with any detector/coil combo. I am talking about my Red Racer/ 7" concentric, combo. Just flat out digging deeper targets. I believe this coil is juiced up.

Dug up 2 wheaties this morning. Both were as deep or deeper than Makro PP. Depth reading on Racer was 7", the length of shovel blade. After digging up a 7" dirt ball, I still had to dig some more depth with my Lesche knife. Bingo.

I have a 7" Concentric on the way. I have just the place to give it a run and see how she does.

Rich (Utah)

Got my concentric but have only hunted with it once. I took it to a spot with a lot of deep iron with 1920s-40s era coins above and mixed in, and it performed admirably. ID was spot on for the targets I dug. I haven't yet determined if the depth and separation rivals the OOR coil. Although I'm not a nail board test kind of guy, but I love hearing the results from you who are, so thanks for that.

I love the way it feels on the Racer--balance is perfect. I'll put the concentric through its paces more this week.

Thanks again to Nokta/Makro for their responsiveness in offering us so many coil choices.