Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

7 more to go...

Ted S

I hunted about 3 1/2 hours this afternoon in a bean field and scored two Barber dimes and a worn merc. Also got a buffalo nickle and a couple of green pennies. I am tire so I don't know what they are! If anyone remembers,I set a goal of 30 silver coins for the year. For me to achieve that goal is important to me. I am taking into consideration my health conditions which I think are improving. Also a big thanks to IDX Monster for turning me on to a Sampson shovel! That thing is the cats meow in a field! I will try to post pics later... HH! Ted

The Samson 31" "T" handle shovel keeps me in the game.
The best part is you can use it as a cane, crutch what ever to help you back-up
If I had to use my Lesche hand Trowel every time don't know how long I would last?

Nice finds I've just about worn out my Lesche shovel in 1 year! its so worn down from digging thousands of holes! lol
Mark

pics

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 109
Nice finds.... that one penny on the left looks like an IH CENT to me.
Can’t tell about the other one, but that one may be too.

30 pieces of silver...sounds kind of familiar....biblical in fact....way to go Ted S....Are they all with your nox ?

Thanks everyone! Elmy...I got a couple of silver dimes with the Explorer...The rest with the Equinox 600. I was not out long enough as the wind was gusting 25 mph...And the farmer was still combining beans. Now here's a tip for everyone. Always take something extra to drink! I gave him a cold Pepsi which he said thanks for and I told him I found a few coins. He said good luck and hopped back in the combine. Being nice to landowners goes a long way when getting permission to hunt other properties. In small town Iowa,everyone knows everyone! Good luck and HH! Ted

Good point about taking extra drinks..I do that also and even a couple extra packs of nabs and energy bars just in case.

Good point about taking extra drinks..I do that also and even a couple extra packs of nabs and energy bars just in case.
Energy bars? Great idea! Sometimes I take a couple of bananas. When I was younger and went out for most of the day,I would take sandwiches.

Awesome Ted! We have had some damn good weather lately, and it’s nice to see people are out making use of it!
One thing that always astounds me...many people say they do well hunting FIELDS, but I’ve never found squat. Is there something specific about where in the field or was there a carnival there at one time or...?
Nice work, that’s a good day! And yes, the shovel will quickly spoil you, it’s just, well....easier to dig!😀

Awesome Ted! We have had some damn good weather lately, and it’s nice to see people are out making use of it!
One thing that always astounds me...many people say they do well hunting FIELDS, but I’ve never found squat. Is there something specific about where in the field or was there a carnival there at one time or...?
Nice work, that’s a good day! And yes, the shovel will quickly spoil you, it’s just, well....easier to dig!😀

We must have been in the wrong field... I didn’t find find squat either!!!😂🤣Apparently not much activity took place where I tried... no fairs, revivals, camps, or homesites.

This field was a ball diamond back in the day. I have research from the late 70s yet. some pans out. Some don't. I also have a few old county plat books that show sites of old churches and schools. These old schools often served as a meeting place for the community. You don't get coins at every place but it sure is fun to find one! And sometimes I only find one coin at these places! Sometimes I don't find any! Good luck and HH to everyone!