Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

705 does it again... silver #4 for the year and biggest yet. :)

Digginthesouth

I've finally calmed down enough to type so here goes... First time out with my new 705 and I found silver, second time was a metal detecting bust, 3rd time I find more silver. I went back today to the house place I found the 43 merc and 42 mexican coin. I had changed coils from the digger coil to the 18.75 kHz coil to get use to it since I am going to Florida this weekend. There is an older smaller house behind the main house and there is a concrete walkway between the two houses. As soon as I got there and got my detector set up I got a screaming hit on my detector right by the corner of the walkway. I cut my plug and used my pro pointer and was pulling out old nails. I just figured that it was just deep iron is why I was getting a good signal. Kept using the pro pointer and kept pulling nails. I closed the plug and went over it again and the 705 was still screaming. It was so close to the concrete that I started thinking maybe it was re-bar and I walked off. I continued detecting the yard finding some wheats and just digging stuff up still trying to learn the different tones. The whole time that first signal was still on my mind. Well when I got ready to leave I went over that first signal again and the 705 was still screaming. I just knew I had to find out what it was. I opened the plug back up and dug out more nails, scanned again.. still screaming............... Finally, there it was. A 1945 walking liberty half. Among all those rusty nails, the 705 was talking to me the whole time saying dig dig dig. I was so excited after that that I quit detecting and went home. This is my first half and my biggest silver yet. And it is in beautiful condition. Weather man is giving a chance of snow tomorrow and it is suppose to be cold the rest of the week but I don't care because I'm headed to Florida Saturday. Hope everyone enjoys the story and pictures. When I finally figure out how to properly use my 705, I don't feel there will be any limits on what I can achieve with it!!!! Good Luck and Happy Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!

That is awesome!!! Big time congrats on that coin!! I found several "firsts" with the 705.....including silver!!!
Awesome machine it is.........happy for you:detecting:!

Its been years since I've found a half. Found several over the years but my favorite was a Franklin and a walker in the same hole.
Ahhh.....I remember it well.
Nice going man! She's a beaut.

broadestpower said:
Congrats on the great find, the walker is my all time favorite coin. Refresher who makes the 705? George

Judging from the first pics I would say it is probably a Minelab Xterra.

Very nice find! They sure are one good looking coin. Congratulations.:clapping:

Roland58 said:
broadestpower said:
Congrats on the great find, the walker is my all time favorite coin. Refresher who makes the 705? George

Judging from the first pics I would say it is probably a Minelab Xterra.

Yes, It is a Minelab Xterra 705. Went from an Ace 250 to it. Lots to learn on it still, but I'm loving it so far!!

A great looking Walking Half - congrats !

Congrats! Nice find

Outstanding find. I am still searching for my first silver that would be larger than a quarter. Hope you Florida trip produces some nice finds. I made a trip down to SW Fl in Jan. Hit seven beaches in 3 days and found one sterling ring and about five bucks in clad. Still had a wonderful week.

What a beautiful coin to find! In such nice condition too! That one is definitely on my bucket list!

Congrats on the sweet finds! I've been using an Ace 250 also, but ordered me an AT Pro about two hours ago. I'm like a kid waiting on Christmas morning, lol.

You mentioned having more to learn about your 705, Did you know there is a free e-book about the X-Terra series of detectors on the MINELAB.com website? Its by Randy Horton aka Digger on this forum. Just thought I would point that out since you mentioned still having a lot to learn.

If you found a silver half before reading the book....well who knows what you'll find after reading it! I know I would love to have a find like yours and in fact going thru my head right now is a slamming signal I had a couple days ago that I walked away from because after digging 6 inches for a 2 inch target I figured it to be a pop can or something larger , now I want to go back and find it or I'll never get it out of my mind LOL.

McClod said:
You mentioned having more to learn about your 705, Did you know there is a free e-book about the X-Terra series of detectors on the MINELAB.com website? Its by Randy Horton aka Digger on this forum. Just thought I would point that out since you mentioned still having a lot to learn.

If you found a silver half before reading the book....well who knows what you'll find after reading it! I know I would love to have a find like yours and in fact going thru my head right now is a slamming signal I had a couple days ago that I walked away from because after digging 6 inches for a 2 inch target I figured it to be a pop can or something larger , now I want to go back and find it or I'll never get it out of my mind LOL.

Yes, I read it all the time. There is just so much you can learn from a book though. Several times I have raised the coil high off the ground and still get a strong signal so I'm pretty sure it is a can or some deep iron or junk, but the thought is still there that it might be something good and sometimes I still dig, and 99% of the time it is junk, lol. But I guess you truly never know unless you dig.