Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

705 Hits Silver - Big Time

ahunter

The wife and I were at a Fairgrounds not to far from where we live. Due to the heat we went out after dinner about 8 pm. I was using a new machine in an area I had hunted before to see if I could find anymore goodies, no luck. The wife is finding some clad here and there, she picked up 3 one dollar bills in a wad on the ground. I am headed her way about ready to call it quits and she says check out this signal and see what you think. Her 705 with stock coil was in program 1, tracking on, sensitivity at 18, showing 42, 44, with 44 being the predominant number. I got good but little jumpy half dollar numbers and it pinpoints like a larger target. So that's what I tell her, she says well I'm going to dig it. And as I walk away I tell her It might be junk, to which she say it won't be the first time I have dug junk. A little while latter she is hollering at me I've got 4 so far. Four what? Half dollars, which I can't hardly believe, so I walk over to see. Well she ended up taking 11 Kennedy half dollars out of a spot maybe 6 inches across and about 4 to 5 inches deep, 9 of those halves were 40% silver.
Did someone lose them or were they hidden?

Those finds don't count unless you post pictures taken at the site. ha ha ha

I think once you get over 3 of a coin that size you can pretty much be sure that you've stumbled upon someone's cache.

Nice job!

Sweeeet, tell your wife Congrat's for me. As you can see some times digging those smashed pop or beer can signals can pay. I dug one of those last year and ended up finding all Barber and Seated coins, 6 of them.

That is something! Big congrats to your wife:clapping:
It's a mystery as to how they all got there,....... but we know how they were found!!

I always get excited when I hear a repeatable clear 44. :cool: A lot of silver and big coppers come in @ 44 with a 705.

Eleven halves from one hole is remarkable!! Big congrats to your wife! :clapping:

Very nice, congrats!
At our county fair every year, they have harness racing at the grandstand on which they allow wagering. The betting tent always has rolls upon rolls of half dollars; I've found loose ones after the event from time to time. Possibly similar?

That will get your heart a pumping. Congratulations.