Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

800 headphone jack

Wanted to try my own headphones, purchased a 3.5mm jack adapter at Best buy but detector won't recognize plug. The jack clearly seats all the way down. My regular earbuds work fine. Anybody found something to work or are we forced to wait for minelab acc. Thanks

When they are available and delivered to the dealers I pray that they are supplied more than one at a time to the dealers.

Pinout and availability of part could help many of us. I saw a right angle connector, but hit had several pins, might get one and see if I can modify it.
I will need to do something to go beyond the 3 foot water mark. aggravating that a simple adapter cable could not be available at the same time the detectors are being sent out. Same goes for the waterproof headphones and coils.

cintitomcat said:
Wanted to try my own headphones, purchased a 3.5mm jack adapter at Best buy but detector won't recognize plug. The jack clearly seats all the way down. My regular earbuds work fine. Anybody found something to work or are we forced to wait for minelab acc. Thanks
Cannot be an 1/8 stereo plug it has to be 1/8 mono plug

This is MLs for the CTX........ someone said they believed the EQ uses the same.

https://www.minelab.com/__files/f/93182/CTX-3030-Audio-Options-KBA_21-2.pdf

By the pictures of the waterproof headphones and adapter cable, both yet to be made available, have STEREO plugs.
Wiring is another story, not having parts I can not test.

cintitomcat said:

Did you get a stereo adapter? That's what you need.

I would thought it would be standard wiring as it takes normal headphones.

Ie tip and second ring for channels and main lower body ground.

That should work. The CTX3030 have two ways to wire the headphones in, i.e. mono and stereo. But remember the Equinox must be wired to sense their presence and turn OFF the speaker.

most of these type of sockets have a mechanical switch to cut off the speaker as the plug is inserted into the hole.

Not so with the CTX-3030 and other brands. Not positive about the Equinox. With it being wireless I am thinking it will be the same.

See this also shows headphone wiring for the CTX , nothing official for the Equinox yet that I have seen:

https://www.minelab.com/__files/f/93182/CTX-3030-Audio-Options-KBA_21-2.pdf

I got my 800 yesterday and played around with it a bit and tried different adapters with no luck, but still had my set up I used on the CTX for my headphones, but had to use the 1/4 to 1/8 inch adapter which had the 90 Degree plug on it and it worked good.
I built this adapter for my CTX following the diagram that Minelab posted with the correct pattern of wires. One thing being I am hard of hearing I didnt notice if there was sound from the Nox with the plug for the headphones was plugged in.

Rick