Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

itaska71

Hi
I just received my new 800. It came with aWM08 wireless module. I was under the impression that the 800 wireless headphones paired up directly with the 800, and that the WM08 was only to pair up the 600 wirelessly ( that's what the dealer told me ).
Am I mistaken ?
Thanks

A little bit.
The headphones pair fine by themselves, it's a bit tricky at first while it looks for the phones but once it does it hooks up fast on future hunts after unless you change something.

The WM08 unit is to hook up other phones that are not Bluetooth...the 800 is capable of hooking up to either one.
If you use detecting phones the WM08 is a mini plug so you will need a mini to 1/4" adapter, regular phones and ear buds usually come with the mini plug.

I have used both, I prefer the better quality sound out of other phones but I mostly use the ML phones because it is just convenient.
My Killer B's and another corded set of phones sound way better but I am lazy and forget to charge up the WM08 unit a lot so I just use the Bluetooth ones.
Not the most perfect, clearest sound but good enough...I find plenty.

Just like Revier said and you can use other APTX low latency wireless Bluetooth earbuds or earphones. You can also just plug your mini-plug 2 ring or mono jack wired earbuds or headphones into the receptacle on the back of the 800. All of these work with the 600 too.
The WM08 module works great and has almost no signal lag. I bought an adapter on eBay for less than $15 that works well with wired Gray Ghost, Minelab Koss, SunRay or Killer Bees. It works well with cheap earbuds or back phones with mini plugs for hot weather hunts.
Holds a good charge and is simple to recharge.
Jeff

I had a pair of Bluetooth wraparound phones I used the the car, and tried those.

Not only did they pair up just fine, they paired much faster than the stock phones did.

They will also need to be relinked if you do a FP