Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

8x6 SEF coil question...

Calnevaroy

In ordering the 8x6 SEF coil from Kellyco, will I need to buy their bolt/hardware to attach the coil to the V3i lower rod?

Yes, It is easier to order all together when you order, just call and they will adjust the sale. If you don,t have the lower rod you can get that to. flintstone

No, your whites hardware works as it should.

I have the SEF coils and no special hardware is needed. :poke:

I think ya need a bigger stick Rob........:rofl:

[size=large]Home depot sells the plastic nuts and bolts that you may need if ya find the whites versions don't work. that's all kk will send ya anyway.

HH[/size]

Upon receiving the 8x6 SEF coil I found that the original White's supplied plastic bolt and nut wasn't long enough for a proper fit. I did what widebody suggested and went to Home Depot and found suitable plastic hardware. The bolt and wing nut are made of nylon and whitish in color. I wonder how strong nylon is, it seems brittle.

My Whites hardware fit with the 8x6. It wasn't using as many threads mine you, but it's never been an issue at all since getting the SEF in Feb '13.

I used the standard bolt with a 8x6 and run the Whites bolt with my 10x12 ????

My guess is the mounting ears might be a little wider (beefed up) on the newer SEF coils.........:shrug: I have the older 6X8 and 10X12, the White's mounting bolts works fine on them.

Anyone have older and newer SEF coils to measure/compare?

I measured my 8x6 SEF and i only had a standard tape, and one ear was measured between the 5/16 and 3/8 line and my standard bolt was to small and nut was hanging on by maybe 3 trades and it keeped on loosening up so i went out and bought a new one at Lowe's. Works fine now. I have to say the ears on this unit are thicker then my lobes .......:shocked:, because they are huge .:rofl: