Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

9.5 Years...

PaulF

Hello all!!

Well... 9.5 years since I swung a coil... I was a Minelab guy... 70, E-Trac, and finally the CTX3030... I sold everything and thought I was done hunting cellar holes and older parks/schools... Well... I retired almost 2 years ago... and I watched a few video's over the last few weeks... My Legend is on a truck headed my way... I've been watching Detect-Ed video's tonight and I'm pretty jazzed to get back out... I'm sure my first few weeks will be a little slow as my activity level has been... not so active over these last few years...

Any thoughts on screen protector or the control box cover ??

I'm going to start at a couple of older schools that I "hunted out" back in the day... Looks like the machine and menus are pretty straight forward...

Respectfully,
Paul

The Nano screen protectors that Nokta sells are very good. The Legend is a very good unit and will grow along with you as you get back up to speed. The newer SMF tech will amaze you at what you missed back in the good old days.

I hi-lited my buttons with white paint as well and most are dirt colored now but even that helps. I was a ML guy as well and the Legend is not an etrac or CTX but it does get the shout over the NOXs. The tones are not as descriptive as the ML tones but they work and I have been more than pleased with my Legend for the last year or two , its a lot of bang for the buck. I put a zagg cover on my screen and has done well.

Congratulations. Your gonna love it.
As Sprchng said. Highlight your buttons.
I used paint pens as suggested here on the forum.
I bought them on Amazon.
Those buttons are hard to make out for us older guys. As you can see the glare is a problem from the cover protector. I need to get some of those Nokta screen protectors.
Good Luck and Enjoy your return and retirement.

Attachments

• IMG_20240502_115831.jpg
    IMG_20240502_115831.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 16