Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

9" HF Coil

Quake

Would you use a 9" HF Coil in a trashy park, I'm thinking no. Can anyone who has one enlighten me on whether to get one or not.
And would you recommend it for school or park use.

I put the 9x5 HF coil on the Deus and have not taken it off. It is lighter than the stock 9 inch coil, better separation of targets. I have it set on the deep program running at 14 khz . Being a small coil, you can find a good target right next to a junk target.

I would use both coils in a trashy park. That being said, my preference would be the elliptical HF Coil. Or, believe it or not, the original LF coils. Good luck!

Ive noticed in these "coil choice" questions the writer often does not say what they are primarily looking for which is vital. These are my choice.s X35 9 and 11 for coins. Being able to "norm off" is a big advantage if coin hunting. HF 9" primarily relic hunting. The 9.5 my choice for the trashy areas. Surprisingly deep exp on low conductivity finds. But while we're on this subject I've found that the 70kz is the only one I can get to pick up gold chains. Have any of you jewelry hunters had good luck with lower settings like the 28kz which is better if hunting higher conductivity items also.

I use the HF Elliptical, makes it easy to sort through a trashy area, also great for nugget shooting, in the parks and for nuggets I usually use 31khz. It will find the smallest bit of gold, although I must admit even when nugget hunting it usually finds trash. Picture a piece of your hair 1/4 inch long buried 3 inches, yes it will find it if it is metal.