Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

9 Silver Day! 47 Wheats! Cool Memorabilia!; Pop's Willow Lake Swim Tag...

captn_se

Hello my friends!!

I traveled Monday to a park I've never hunted before. I met up with three of my hunting buddies, Dana Point Val, Mike(ratman), and Curt(Bibleman). Since Mike had hunted this park in the past, he gave us some insight to the better producing areas. The park was loaded with a high amount of ground minerals(hot rocks), iron, fill dirt, and EMI from power lines. Sub-par conditions for sure, but I was very satisfied with the outcome of our day there. Between the 4 of us, we managed 16 silvers, and over 80 wheats. I ended up my day with 9 silvers, along with 47 wheaties. I couldn't find any info on my token, but it's in pretty good shape. My best find of the day was the large copper tag with the words, "Pop's Willow Lake". Mike and I had talked in the past about this famous, old swimming hole built out of a rock quarry that was popular in the 30's until around 1954, before closing up, and how cool it would be to find a piece of history from this establishment. The tag still had a safety pin attached to it, which crumbled in my hand. Today, there are no signs of this swimming hole in the Valley, but you can find info about it on the Net.. Who knows, the tag may have been given to Marilyn Monroe before swimming in the lake. :rolleyes:

Pop's Willow Lake was opened in 1931 by James A. (Pop) Gautier. It washed away in the 1938 flood that devastated the Valley but was rebuilt in time for a young Marilyn Monroe (then Norma Jeane Baker of Van Nuys High School) to spend wartime dates there with her first husband, Jim Dougherty.

It was a very productive hunt for me, especially from a park I never hunted in the past.

Thanks for looking!
Keep The Passion High!

CAPTN SE
Dan

PS - I'm posting my "junk" from the hunt also....there was such an assortment of trash items, I'd thought I would post it up for you!! :heh:

Your finds never cease to amaze me :yo: Congrats.

n/t

Nice finds! That is a ton of silver and wheaties for a single hunt. I like the swimming tag too and it's a nice piece of history. The Grand View Gardens token is listed as being from Chicago, IL on the web site www.tokencatalog.com. My guess is that it's from the 1920s or so. Way to go & Happy Hunting!

Great finds, way to go!

Great finds and pics Dan! Wish I could get out, but it's frozen and 20 degrees here in Mich. Phone co. I work for here needs volunteers to go to Cali for 6 weeks to help out, all the mudslides and such.....if I was still single I'd go. Have fun and enjoy the weather!

amc

Congratulations on all the silver and sweet token and wheat's :clapping:

Nice finds Dan...like the silver. Is that Jeff. a "War Nickel"?
Kinda hard to tell from the picture, but you posted it by the
silvers so I assumed...Great hunt...looking forward to your
next post. Gold Nuggets :wiggle:

Good work Dan, you have successfully brought the price of silver down with this hunt.Thanks allot. :cry: :thumbup: JJ

EXCELLENT HUNT!!!! looks like it was a ton of fun, especially with the history behind it.. You never know.

Thank you 4 sharing.

Great Hunt and cool finds. Thanks for the post. :thumbup:

Rich

n/t

Thanks for the story on the history of your hunting spot Dan and thanks also for the pictures. Congratulations on the finds.

NebTrac