Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Big Shout out to................

GateKeeper

everyone of you guys who is making this forum a success. Digger and I talked the other day, and are amazed at how quickly all of you guys and gals are quickly understanding this great machine. As well as giving out all the great information and help to all the new users.

Thank you everyone for making the CTX 3030 forum at Findmall the best on the net. :cheers:

In my opinion this forum is definitely loaded with the best knowledgebase for all things CTX . I am waiting for Digger to come out with a CTX book.

I'll take a signed copy Randy! :biggrin:
GKMan said:
In my opinion this forum is definitely loaded with the best knowledgebase for all things CTX . I am waiting for Digger to come out with a CTX book.

Unfortunately Digger will not be coming out with a book. With videos being more prominent, Digger and Minelab thought it would be best to do an instructional video series instead. If any of you guys or gals want to get involved with that send me a pm and I will get you started. Theree are a lot of great giveaways that Minelab will be sending to you if you decide to get involved.

eh... I would much prefer a book....Sure I like videos, but it just isn't as useful for in depth explanation

Well a big shout to you and Digger for giving us the info we need to "get" this machine. I know personally I have asked many a question so I appreciate all you do for us newbies!!!! You answer quickly and make sure that if something is not understood you take the time to explain the information so we do get it!
And to Gene who I met a couple weeks ago:you are a classy guy and a great detectorist and you don't look anywhere near your age! Of course we all say that as we are ageing. I am sure 64 is the new 34 :) Peggy

G. E. Edwards said:
Heck, I turn 64 in Dec. I am a classic!

Was 52 Sunday the 25th. My wife and I went to a Steely Dan concert that night for my birthday and I FELT like a classic in that crowd!! But I always say age is just an number. I know plenty of 30 year olds that act like the are in their 70's. Other than being over weight I let very little stop me from doing what I want to do.

So keep pressing on, you're doing just fine!!

The Shark

Many, many thanks to Gatekeeper and Digger,

This is the go-to source for the CTX in cyberspace - bar none! They do an awesome job of providing volumes of good information on this great machine, and an equally good job of herding cats when when we need a little guidance or we happen to show poor judgement. I know I have benefited from their stable hands at the wheel.

Thanks,

The Shark

Great job all around guys!

Never say never. But Gatekeeper is correct in that I have no current plans to write a book, similar to the one I wrote for the X-TERRA. By the way, thanks to those of you who mentioned the X-TERRA eBook in your post. As many of you know, I spent a couple years putting together the information in that book. I had several folks encourage me to have it published, and sell it. But I traveled a different path...... I gave the book to Minelab FREE of charge, with the understanding that they would publish it on their website and offer it FREE to anyone who wanted to download it. Having heard how many thousands and thousands of copies that have been downloaded, I get an understanding as to why some folks write books and sell them. But honestly, IF I were to write a book on the CTX 3030 (or any other detector), and IF the manufacturer would be willing to do what Minelab did with the X-TERRA book, I wouldn't change a thing. The dollars that I could have made on selling the book would have been long gone by now. But the compliments I continue to get from offering that book on Minelab's website for FREE will stay with me forever. I know there are those that think that sounds bogus or maybe a bit bragadocious. But it is how I honestly view this hobby. The more you put into it.....the more you receive from it. I've been blessed to have detected for over 40 years. To be able to share what I've learned from this hobby, and the friends I've made along the way, would fill far more books than I could write in a lifetime.

So again, I have no current plans to write a book on the CTX 3030. I'll simply keep doing my best to help answer questions on this forum. HOWEVER, rumor has it that I may be working on a CTX 3030 Pocket Field Guide. :detecting: And, if that comes to fruition, I hope to have Minelab offer it FREE of charge, on their website. And if THAT happens, those who read this forum will be the first to know! HH Randy

When you reach my age G.E. then you will be classic (or just plain old as the case may be). I'll be 84 in the middle of September. Which beaches do you hunt by the way?... nes

You guys do a great job on this forum - it's way more than a show and tell site - tons of great information:thumbup:

Thanks for all the great info guys!! It's not the stuff you find but the friends you meet along the way:wiggle:

I agree this is the best forum ever for MD. Thanks to all for all the help. I only wish there was a way to have a group meet some time. That would be a hoot.

I figure once we all have those Google Glasses we can have a virtual group hunt... I will disable my location service though :)

A big thanks to all who offer up their advice and knowledge on the CTX, it sure helped me :beers: