Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Bold statement made by Makro with the R2....

JFlynn

Never even with my CoRe and Racer did I think in my wildest dreams it could get much better unmasking wise. The R2 has bumped it up quite a few notches. I'm still hunting, yes, same places we have hunted over 2 years. By myself mind you, it's "hunted" out, as far as most all machines go. Along comes the R2. Same old house lot's that have had probably 800 plus man hours with all types of machines and excellent detectorist running them. I visited these same places with R1 and dug some more stuff after slamming it with the CoRe, realizing then what these machines can do. I've mentioned before it's not about depth, more than we can imagine is hiding being masked by something or several things, mostly nails 1-5 inches deep. In my case modern through early 1800's stuff and trash. Not for the weak hearted trust me. Not in my wildest dreams did I think an iron audio could be hiding so much. I've dug a lot of coins that I'd bet you were not there since the R2. The tone break being adjustable also helps me being a coin hunter, just no where near as much as being able to drop that iron audio down to a slight sizzle buzz. I've dug several hundred coins +. Today dug my 20th silver that I knew was not there, with the R2! I, we don't dig that many in a year, any year, none of us, even all together. It's just been a month....... So much stuff masked and still there. A nuance I've came across that is probably 80-90% for me. I'm not moving the coil fast at all. In heavy trash/nails, 3 tone, second tone break at 79, max on audio tone, 700 khz. Middle tone at 400 khz, enough to be able to discern the machine is telling you something is there pitch difference. While swinging if you get a high tone tiny blip. While dissecting it if the TID does not climb into the mid 90's on some passes more than likely it's good metal, higher conductive coins for me. If it does get into the 90's I'm not digging coins. Just trash/iron/nails most all the time. You would be shocked at how much I have to disassemble my plugs to get at the targets there's so much metal in these places. I can't imagine them building much better of a machine but I will wait patiently because Makro/Nokta are setting a very high goal for the other companies. I'll say this, if you have an R2 and are not in the nastiest trashiest places you can hunt you just might be a fool. I'm impressed is all I can say........wild ride we are on here.
R2 Silver #20 this morning.

Total little over an hour hunt and the trash with the coins. I have hunted probably 50 or more times in this one small spot these came out of.

R2 silver that has been hiding. We've ran a bunch of machines over this place...........Hiding in plain sight!

Great post, I'm inspired to try and get out more with mine (but I need a decent site)....

curious if those spots were gone over with etrac's and ctx's?

Des yep the small coil, both, 5" and OOR.

CTX and ETrac don't stand a chance here. Ran both several times and so have my hunting co-horts, it's hunted out.

I think we may not be getting the full story. Yes the R2 is a great detector that can pull missed coins, but what isn't being said is that pulling those missed comes comes at the cost of digging far more trash. Alone the idea that if you run in all metal mode of course you will find some missed coins in a heavy rich site others missed, but it comes from digging all the trash out first.

You will be shocked at how much small debri masking is going on. Yes I do and yes you will if you learn the R2.

If you are digging "far" more trash you haven't learned the machine yet. What you are going to do is dig the trash out of the holes with the targets. Just to dig trash thinking it's a good targets way less than most machines. Picking good stuff out of the trash is where they excel.

I keep hearing the same testimony. and i have seen it even with the Racer 1 only the Vista Gold has done about as well with its super 6

JFlynn said:
Des yep the small coil, both, 5" and OOR.

CTX and ETrac don't stand a chance here. Ran both several times and so have my hunting co-horts, it's hunted out.

and experienced Deus users also?

Seeing that the R2 can find those after Etrac, CTX, and Deus is the strongest statement in the R2's behalf I've seen....awesome....

I think Makro will sell a ton of these with reports like yours...

Couldn't agree with you more, Jack. Ive had the same experience. Sites that I've certainty Sovreignized to death that are right next door are yielding nice old stuff. The more iron--the better.
cjc
clivesgoldpage.com

I ran a Deus for over a year on these house lot's. It has a very high trash to good target ratio the Deus.

I wonder how many are holding out for the Impact?
I think I will Wait a little longer if I get one at all as I don't hunt a lot heavy iron sites,But might be nice to have in the aresenal in case I do.

I am quite aware of how well you know the sovereign and all of its capabilities. Your statement concerning the R2 holds enormous weight.

cjc said:
Couldn't agree with you more, Jack. Ive had the same experience. Sites that I've certainty Sovreignized to death that are right next door are yielding nice old stuff. The more iron--the better.
cjc
clivesgoldpage.com

I want more tones so I wait.

AJ

Harold said:
I wonder how many are holding out for the Impact?
I think I will Wait a little longer if I get one at all as I don't hunt a lot heavy iron sites,But might be nice to have in the aresenal in case I do.

I'm new to the party here, having only had my Racer 2 for a few days. But I'll tell you this. Today I went out to a local park. Very small, very out of the way and rarely used. I set up the racer 2 notching out everything but coins. I hunted for about an hour and didn't dig a single bottle cap, pull tab or piece of foil.. I did dig 7 dimes, 4 nickels, 22 pennies 12 zincs and 11 quarters...No silver, but for an hours worth of hunting I'm pretty impressed. It's nice when you spend money of something that actually works and works extremely well. This isn't a complicated machine by any measure. It works, it's pretty simple to get a handle on and it has a good deal of adjustability for any hunting style.

But even if the processor speed is about the same, for the nail ridden cellar holes I hunt I think big edge for me is having that small DD coil. I'm totally in love with the 4.5" OOR! All these "hunted out" stone foundations are producing again. Not just a flat cuff button here & there, but lots of nice masked coins & relics! I'm about to post a sweet Civil War button that I pulled out of an insane bed of iron.....so bad others were now sifting the spot figuring there was too much iron garbage for a detector. I just dialed up the the tone break to solve that problem :) I'm enjoying the heck out of this detector & I'm getting ready to sell off some of the other coils & units I was previously favoring. I still have not tied on the R2 round small coil yet. I'm thinking the 4.5" OOR is gonna be like hens teeth to find soon & I might grab another one before they are gone for good.........
I'm now testing the wireless phones & seeing no lag! So, even more fun awaits! :detecting:

Can I get a clarification on this OOR coil? It's NOT the same one that comes with the Racer2 Pro Package?

Is there a part number for the OOR coil and is it compatible with the Racer 2?

The original Red Racer small coil was 4.7 x 5.2 inches a little Out Of Round (OOR) Monte coined the phrase and we have been calling it the "oor" coil ever since. It is compatible with the Racer 2. The new small coil that comes with the Racer 2 is slightly bigger at approx 5.5" and is round. Either coil is compatible with either the R1 or R2. I think the coil was model # RC 13