Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A bonehead move

badjim

wow i almost wasted a hole day. reset my etrac up at home of course i had too turn the sensitivity down too 1. then i went too the park. hunted for 40 minutes or so. hardly any hits. ack i had been hunting with sense at 1. glad i noticed was able too pull 19 coins and a wheat from 1944. I'm sure I'm not the only 1 who's done this. no need too raise hands he he.

bet it ran stable for a while though :biggrin: i think we've all done it, also walking 100yds with the sunray probe switched on instead of the coil :rofl:

Just kidding .However I watch my sens. readout way to close for that to happen to me.I find the fluctuating sens. levels quite informative at times.When it drops a bunch usually a lot of iron and or minerals/cinders present.Also find that when auto level drops even though hunting in manual sens that signals from deeper targets can change and become less normal sounding causing me to dig more iffy signals with good results.

Sensitivity 2 or 3 works better than 1!!! :biggrin ---Just kiddin ya!---I guess that's one of the FEW things I haven't been guilty of! :) --I want that baby as "hot" as I can get for the existing conditions, so watch my sensitivity very carefully.---Now runnin around with the probe on---OH YEAH, I can relate to that!!! :lmfao: ----Find some good stuff out there everybody & even more importantly, have fun while you're doing it! :thumbup: -------Del

I've done that once..... but thankfully I realized it after 15 minutes of nothing. :drinking:

My worst experience however, was something similar. I was detecting near dusk and I was not wearing my glasses. My detector starting beeping all wierd, and I seriously thought my detector was broken. I walked back to my car frusterated and destroyed. I was about to drive away then I realized maybe I accidently changed some settings. Sure enough, I somehow managed to change the response setting to pitch hold. D'oh!