Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A common dime that I was glad to see

Mason Jarr

Although my goal this year was 50 silver coins and 200 Wheats, I got there fairly early in the season and decided I'd keep digging....although I didn't set any new goals. As time went by I got closer and closer to 100 silver coins and then I really started to want it. I doubt I'll ever get this many in one season again, so I really wanted to be able to say I had a hundred silvers in one season. I got two dimes on Sunday that took me to 98. Yesterday I got a war nickel so I only needed one more. Today I got it. A common 1949 Rosie, but it sure looked good to me when I saw that silver gleam! I'm not done for the year (unless this cold weather keeps up), but I'll feel completely satisfied if this ends up being the last silver for the year. I also got another 9 Wheats and that took me to 440 for the season. Here's some pics.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l281/Mason_Jarr/DSC_0831.jpg

All of them together. The mangled one near the bottom is a Merc that tangled with a mower or something. The bottom three are a British shilling, a Canadian dime and a Swiss franc.
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l281/Mason_Jarr/DSC_0845.jpg

It's sure been a lot of fun. I love this hobby. Thanks for looking and I hope you were successful if you got out today.

Way to go! That is really an awesome display of silver! :drool: Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing!

Congrats on finding your 100th Silver ! :detecting:

nice display, and Congratulations on fulfilling your goal! :clapping: Good second effort to make it happen, you should be about ready to get some steel in the ground eh? That season is about upon us, you should throw up some pictures of what you catch on the hobby forum to keep us entertained this winter..
Mud

Well done! Especially well done display. :clapping:

mudpuppy said:
nice display, and Congratulations on fulfilling your goal! :clapping: Good second effort to make it happen, you should be about ready to get some steel in the ground eh? That season is about upon us, you should throw up some pictures of what you catch on the hobby forum to keep us entertained this winter..
Mud

Thanks! Yeah, it's getting cold enough for sure. I'm headed back to Montana next week to see if I can fill my elk tag and then when I'm back in Idaho I'll start up. I will definitely put up some pictures....if I catch anything!

Billium said:
Well done! Especially well done display. :clapping:

Thanks. It worked out that I had exactly 10 quarters and 50 Rosies, so I thought I'd just string them across in rows of ten. More a result of the quantities I found than my artistic abilities.

If you ask me ,, You did a hell of a job finding all that silver. I had a dry month. No silver. I just keep going and going. Maybe next month... Great job... KEN

You done good Mike.....I'm impressed!!!!!! Glad you mentioned the mangled coin because for days I've been looking for a lost silver around the house, in the couch, etc.? I thought my count was 38 silver and only had 37 after I found my first E-Trac silver the other day. Your mangled coin reminded me that I have a badly burnt Barber quarter (sigh) that wasn't in my little silver pile.....lol

Cold here lately (teens at night) and raining today. Have 15hrs. on the E so far. Got a 6" coil today and looking forward to playing with that.....

Keep em comming.........

Thanks. I hate misplacing stuff like that, but I'm guilty myself. Somewhere in this house (I think and hope) is a pill bottle with 12 pieces of silver jewelry in it. I showed it to a friend on Sept 1st and that's the last time I saw it for sure. I hope I haven't lost it.

Great milestone @100 silver for the year, congrats!
HH - Bruce

Speaking of losing silver, I moved into a new house (this is my first post on here in a while) I have misplaced a silver necklace I've found, have no clue where it could be.