Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A cool coin and relics...

brnn53

I posted this on the Fisher forum just to let those guys know that the F75 is a great relic machine. I have been using mine for about 2 years now and even though I use a Nautilus 2B, Tejon, and now a T2 LTD, it is still my machine of choice for relic hunting certain sites. I have hunted this spot many times and found my first breast plate, 3 ringers, and other relics but had more or less written it off as hunted out. There are not many places here to relic hunt now that most crops are planted but this one little field had not been planted Saturday morning. I was anxious to get one more hunt in so I gave it another shot. I thought the coin might be a large cent but it was better! 1813 Half Stiver. I had never heard of such a coin but research showed that is was only minted for that year and it was a British coin minted for the Caribbean colonies. I was floored as it just didn't make sense for this coin to be where I found it. Anyway, it is a cool find and I also dug the minnie and a nice gilt cuff I eagle. Nice way to kinda wind up the relic season. The field was planted later that day. HH!
Mike

All great finds, congratulations.

That's a terrific find, no doubt. By the looks of your finds it may have been dropped by a soldier. Not quite the rarity of yours, but last year I found an 1806 George III Penny from England in the middle of a large camp here in Missouri. Every now and then an oddity pops up in the camps.

Sweet finds and thanks for posting on the CW site. :thumbup: CCH