Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A couple days before the rain moved in

Neita SC

Hey all. Was able to get out the last two days before the rain and chilly weather hit again. Found the dollar bill as soon as I hit the field. Makes ya think your are going to have a good hunt. :please: The peace earrings are costume. Something about the kids around here....they love their "peace" jewelry. Guess the 60s are hitting again. The Canadian quarter is a 1969 which contains no silver. It wasn't until 1968 (@50%) and 1967 and prior (@90%) silver content. 'Missed it by that much' :sad: But, I walked away with $1 in paper, $5.33 in clad and a good couple days outside. I can live with that.

ps.... for the curious minds:
F5 w/stock, disc of 8, gain of 60, threshold of 5. The Canadian TIDed around 75/79 ;)

Nice haul, the F5 is quite a machine with the seperate gain and threshold settings. A pleasure to swing!

Take care
Bob

AutoPilot42 - F5 is nice machine, especially for a beginner. I've been having a blast. TerraDigger... I have been very fortunate. Now if Fisher could only program the F5 to mind more paper money. :razz:

Neita , thanks for posting your settings , a noob like myself finds that really useful , i am keeping track of all the settings ppl use , makes my learning curve almost nil . I should have this thing beat by the time it gets here .

Thanks for the help everyone .

Donnie

Donnie, This website has definitely reduce my learning curve. I took a suggestion of another member and searched all of Mike Hillis's posts. Mike is the man ref the F5. I actually collected his and other user's notes. It's jumbled quotes/entries I transfered to a Word document, but it may help ya. I will PM it to ya.

Bart, And snow is one of the reasons I moved from Maryland, (the DC Metropolitan area)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neita , as a new member , not sure if i can rec. PM's yet . Thanks , if u cant get that info to me will post a mailinator email for u . Gotta love anti spam email accts .
Thanks Neita ,

Donnie

Donnie, I tried the PM and then was made aware that you have to be member for 30 days to get PMs. Send me your email address and I will send to ya. Thx

thanks for trying Neita , you can sent it to an anti spam acct if you dont mind , dring219@mailinator.com that will make it easier ,

Thank You ,

Donnie