Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A couple observations….

Ronstar

Worked an area today that has produced old coins before. Using Park, M3, G, Rec’vry 5, Sens 30, 6 tone. I’ve been over this area in other settings at least three times but each time you click it up or down it finds something else!
Absolutely locked on a deep 20 with no other signals around it, dug up big ol shiny ring (later ID’d as stainless steel), first ring with the Legend! How did two of us miss this before? M3 yes, M1 No?????
Found a deep 25 which ended up a 1913 Buffalo! Both items were in the 5-6” depth range.
Now the oddity….. hit a solid 15, nothing but solid sound. No chirps or grunts or change in VDI. FINGERS CROSSED for gold. Had an idea, switch up to 4khz! Now its 46? Back to M3…..15. Back to 4/10khz, 46. All righty then, dig. It was a piece of foil folded over 2-3-4 times and about the size of a dime.
Also, I discovered if while you are swinging over a good tone and trying to isolate it and get successful but the FerroMeter shows nothing….. swing fast short strokes over the spot. 9 times out of 10 you will get the same VDI but the meter kicks in and you will see bars on the ferrous side.

The numbers changing drastically as you described in different frequencies is one thing that bothers me with the Legend….I feel like I’m learning a few different machine's at the same time !…..As we age so does our memory….My partner hunts with an XP ORX and can change coils and frequencies, and still hit the same numbers….Maybe because it’s not Multi frequency….It’s got a lot of frequencies, but not at the same time…It also has a longer number scale so the targets are not so ganged together…I might still pick up an ORX for land,and keep my Legend for the beach..

I was out yesterday and THOUGHT I had a gold ring. It sure as hell looked real at 4” and it locked on at 22 in M3. I sat it down on the surface and it registered 48? Back in the hole and 22/23, back out and 48. Not sure what metal it is but its junk jewelry….There has to be some explanation in the realm of soil conditions or depth or both. Doesnt seem to effect coins tho unless way deep (that V nickel was 2:geek:.
Also noted that running 4khz in colder temps draws down very fast on the battery.

@Ronstar did you check the "empty" hole? Maybe some Iron in there too?

Yes, no other signals..

I was out yesterday and THOUGHT I had a gold ring. It sure as hell looked real at 4” and it locked on at 22 in M3. I sat it down on the surface and it registered 48? Back in the hole and 22/23, back out and 48. Not sure what metal it is but its junk jewelry….There has to be some explanation in the realm of soil conditions or depth or both. Doesnt seem to effect coins tho unless way deep (that V nickel was 2:geek:.
Also noted that running 4khz in colder temps draws down very fast on the battery.
Maybe it's an aliens ring. 🙄

Taking wild guesses!

Attachments

• 14904A8D-E4EA-40FD-B63D-F99DDE49EBA8.jpeg
    14904A8D-E4EA-40FD-B63D-F99DDE49EBA8.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 67
I thought maybe but absolutely no matks or stamps. I have a cheapy acid test kit so maybe tome to give it a try

Worked an area today that has produced old coins before. Using Park, M3, G, Rec’vry 5, Sens 30, 6 tone. I’ve been over this area in other settings at least three times but each time you click it up or down it finds something else!
Absolutely locked on a deep 20 with no other signals around it, dug up big ol shiny ring (later ID’d as stainless steel), first ring with the Legend! How did two of us miss this before? M3 yes, M1 No?????
Found a deep 25 which ended up a 1913 Buffalo! Both items were in the 5-6” depth range.
Now the oddity….. hit a solid 15, nothing but solid sound. No chirps or grunts or change in VDI. FINGERS CROSSED for gold. Had an idea, switch up to 4khz! Now its 46? Back to M3…..15. Back to 4/10khz, 46. All righty then, dig. It was a piece of foil folded over 2-3-4 times and about the size of a dime.
Also, I discovered if while you are swinging over a good tone and trying to isolate it and get successful but the FerroMeter shows nothing….. swing fast short strokes over the spot. 9 times out of 10 you will get the same VDI but the meter kicks in and you will see bars on the ferrous side.
Changing frequencies on any detector in most cases will change vdi numbers, but not to the extent that the Legend does…ferrous, and non ferrous targets in the same hole that average out an odd number will result in number differences moreso than changing frequencies…If the soil condition is the culprit changing the numbers, then it should also change the numbers in other settings (M1, M2, etc…….)….There are still a lot of inconsistencies with the Legend that need to be addressed…A lot of people don’t care about things like this as long as they are finding some good targets….Such is life !