Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A couple of nice hunts

LaRelic

Some finds from a couple hunts a while back. I was very fortunate to hunt a confederate strong hold. All finds were on highly posted property with permission!! I wish I could have found a hole ball but maybe next time. The VMI buttons are the first cadet buttons I have ever found. Thanks for looking and happy hunting!!

Nice finds. That's one big cannon ball fragment. Very cool buttons. HH

Thanks guys! The frag is from a 13" mortar. The bullets all came out of one whole. Our host and my digging buddy also had a bunch. Total of forty or fifty in one hole. The buttons were found at a different location that used to be a plantation...HH

Very nice job. Nice VMI Cadet too.

Thanks CCH!! It was nice to find one of the buttons with so much gold left on it. Doesn't happen very often. I was actually able to trace the buttons to the cadet that wore them! He was the owner of the plantation they were found at and died in 1935. Fought in several battles and was eventually wounded and returned home after the war and lived the rest of his days as a farmer. First civil war relic I have ever been able to trace to the owner. Very fascinating history!

Speed. Sorry man I have no idea how I missed your post. That was an awesome day. A VMI button is one heck of a find. On my wish list big time. There's a movie recently made called Field of lost shoes. Google it. It's about The VMI Cadets in the Battle of New Market. Check out the trailers. If you can't find one let me know. Might be able to get you a DVD
Bill

Yes I was able to watch the show very interesting! This was around the exact time the cadet I traced the buttons to was at VMI. He was pulled away early to go fight and eventually wound up wounded but returned to VMI to graduate.