Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A couple of oldies today...

sgoss66

THIS is one reason why I love vacationing back home in PA so much...

(A two-hour hunt at the former site of an old church from the mid 1800s...now long gone, and nothing but forest; I only dug two keepers the entire hunt, but I sure can't complain!)

Attachments

• 7-8-20--1857SeatedHalfDimeObverse.JPG
    7-8-20--1857SeatedHalfDimeObverse.JPG
    446.2 KB · Views: 139
  • 7-8-20--1857SeatedHalfDimeReverse.JPG
    7-8-20--1857SeatedHalfDimeReverse.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 137
  • 7-8-20--1839LargeCent.JPG
    7-8-20--1839LargeCent.JPG
    492.1 KB · Views: 167
Quality not quantity Steve! The half is in excellent shape, what was the date on the largie. That's what I love about hunting in the UK, odds of finding quality go way up.
HH Jeff

I keep seeing those half dimes popping up here on the forum maybe that's a sign I'm going to find one probably more like a dream.
That coin is in excellent condition, really nice find, falls into that trophy category.

Only half dime I ever found was literally a half dime . Somehow it was cut or chopped. Very nice finds. I agree quality over quantity . Although a mason jar full of newer coins would work..

very nice finds !!! Congrats on two beautiful coins (y)

THIS is one reason why I love vacationing back home in PA so much...

(A two-hour hunt at the former site of an old church from the mid 1800s...now long gone, and nothing but forest; I only dug two keepers the entire hunt, but I sure can't complain!)

Thanks all!

Jeff -- the large cent is 1839, braided-hair variety.

still looking 52 -- thanks! Yep, it's in really nice condition! :)

fwcrawford -- YES, the site has indeed paid off! I found this site through research, about 5 or 6 years ago, and have been there several times. I've not found a ton of coins, but most have been really nice -- a couple of Indians, and then a Seated Dime, two Seated Half Dimes, a Capped Bust Dime, and the Large Cent. Hard to beat that! :) I hope you find yours, soon!

ronaldj2 -- LOL; I have found one or two of those "half dimes" before, also!

earthlypotluck -- THANKS!

Steve

Nice Steve! Yeah, I can imagine your chances of some really good finds goes up as you head home! I’d be smiling all the way back to OK!:thumbup:

Awesome finds Steve I’m still on the hunt for a seated half dime!
Mark