Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A couple of reasons why I preordered the EQ800 :smoke:

Dan(NM)

Weight is 2.9 lbs
Completely Waterproof down to 3 meters
Waterproof coil and headphone connectors
Rugged to withstand the use from Hardcore Detectorists
Compact Lithium Ion Battery inside the handle
Battery can be charged while detecting
Battery is completely sealed/waterproof compartment
Battery Charges with magnetic charging connector
Battery Charge will last over 12hrs
You can change the battery when the time comes that it needs replaced
Battery also charges with USB
Redesigned audio system
High Speed Audio
Adjustable Tone Break
Adjustable Tone Pitch
Adjustable Recovery Speed
Wireless Headphones
Compatible with all Bluetooth HP
Fastest Audio with Wi-Stream set up
Superior Target ID
Superior Stability
Less Noise from ground mineralization
Best in class for beach/saltwater
Sensitive to Small Gold
Deep targets are as stable ID as shallow targets
Stable ID in all soils
Deeper in Mineralized soil than single frequency detectors
Coil Sizes - 6", 11" and 15x12"
It's a Minelab!! :minelab:

Those are the reasons why I am buying it, I will be the first to admit that some of those reasons are hopes at this point though.

“Speculation” times what ever it cost to preorder.
I’ll wait and see what shakes out after it comes out
Every one is in a tizzy based on “Speculation”

Didn't cost me anything to preorder. I do have faith in minelab and I love trying new things!! Win win for me. If I don't like I sell :)

JackalopeZL1 said:
Didn't cost me anything to preorder. I do have faith in minelab and I love trying new things!! Win win for me. If I don't like I sell :)

same here.

My biggest dilema at the moment is whether I should go hunt a brand new site I found with my CTX or wait and make it a head-to-head on virgin-to-me ground. comparing on old grounds is one thing but you walk into it with pre-concienved notions about what is there, the trash, the depths, etc. I think it could be fun to try this out at a whole new place (1920s school with an 1890s church site on the property, closed down so I can hunt it any time I want.)

Ben Town said:
“Speculation” times what ever it cost to preorder.
I’ll wait and see what shakes out after it comes out
Every one is in a tizzy based on “Speculation”

It may be more of a "leap of faith" for some, but, not for me. Minelab has a proven record of performance and the finds in my pouch at the end of day are all the proof I need. I have my CTX and a couple coils for it and if the EQ800 only performs half as well as advertised, it'll be exactly what the Dr. ordered for my hunting needs and the price is right to boot!!

I choose to use it and decide for myself if the machine will perform as needed. I don't need or want someone else to tell me if I should buy it or not, I'll be my own judge on that matter based on my hunting style, location and needs.

I doubt that I will regret my buying decision and choose to get as close to the front of the line as I possibly can :)

Jason in Enid said:

same here.

My biggest dilema at the moment is whether I should go hunt a brand new site I found with my CTX or wait and make it a head-to-head on virgin-to-me ground. comparing on old grounds is one thing but you walk into it with pre-concienved notions about what is there, the trash, the depths, etc. I think it could be fun to try this out at a whole new place (1920s school with an 1890s church site on the property, closed down so I can hunt it any time I want.)

You can always go back and clean up with the CTX after you pound it into submission with the Nox :) My intent is to revisit sites I've basically given up due to lack of finds for the time I was having to spend to eek out a wheat. I would love to have your problem Jason!!

Dan(NM) said:
You can always go back and clean up with the CTX after you pound it into submission with the Nox :) My intent is to revisit sites I've basically given up due to lack of finds for the time I was having to spend to eek out a wheat. I would love to have your problem Jason!!

yeah, I plan on doing that too. I have a good spot where I want to try that. I have dug silvers, wheats, Vs and IHs down to 8-9 inches with the CTX but the TIDs get wonky down all the way, but I don't find anything else any more.

Jason in Enid said:

same here.

WOW, Jason! Sounds like quite a site you have there! I'm jealous! ;)

Steve

If I'm able to detect after my surgery on my neck I will be buying one. I have my name on the list for one.

Couple of thing....... when did they say WE could change the battery.... i missed that? best in class for beach hunting.......jury is out on that one. Ooooo how about that price tag.... surely that made it easy? WEIGHT.

sgoss66 said:
WOW, Jason! Sounds like quite a site you have there! I'm jealous! ;)

Steve

Well, I quit getting excited about un-hunted sites long ago. I've been to far too many places that SHOULD be loaded and had almost nothing. It certainly has a lot of promise.