Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A couple of slim pickings from this week

Ytcoinshooter

Finds from this week minus the pile of clad, numerous wheats (except the '09) and plenty of misc items I wasn't motivated to picture. The Masonic Penny and unidentified copper discs came from turf. The rest were slim pickings from this lowered natural lake that has a dam under repair I'm waiting to see if it gets lower. At each visit that I find it significantly lower more silver and the infrequent gold ring show in my scoop. I've been out there in waders but it's extremely difficult to move because of the suction created by the composition of the bottom. We've been to several productive spots around the lake but nothing beats where this photo was taken. No clad! It's a forgotten swimming area that has netted me over 20 silvers (2 walkers), 3 gold rings (previously posted) and plenty of Sterling items. I'm sure it was detected some time in the past judging by where we found concentrations of goodies vs the barren spots that would have been accessible to a shallow water hunter or when the lake was previously lowered but it has never been this low. Thanks to the repairs! This pic doesn't show that there is at least 100' feet of bottom behind me to the shore. two items I can't positively identifythe large disc came from a park and may be a fob? The small one (about dime size) came from a small historic plot of turf that is hiding some keepers. Can't make anything out on it yet. Reverse of the big one - the front reminded me of an old LP with those grooves. The little one up close. I'm hoping this week is more productive - this hobby / sport is a drug, the cravings are hard to satisfy.
Close up of the freshly scooped '09 I can't see if it's a V.D.B. ?
HH - Bruce

Great finds bruce....loks like a vdb to me ...when i expand the pic i think i see the d and part of the b....a spot like that will never give up all the targets and will always leave you wondering what youv missed....

Very nice finds and the pics of the lake..............very pretty! Sometime's, the things we find are a bonus because many times we find ourselves in some really beautiful spots. Most of the lakes and reservoirs here in SoCal are really low due to the drought conditions and the chances of finding some great targets should be high, although you run the risk of being arrested for trespassing if you start detecting at those locations!
Hopefully, your lake will be drained further and you hit the mother load of targets!!!:thumbup:

Beautiful write up and pics, and of course the finds are very cool as well! Congrats on the silver and also on that great place to hold your interest, and can give you your dose of dirt medicine!:clapping:
Mud