Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A DEEP QUESTION

D&P-OR

How deep have the deepest coins been that you guys have found with the E Trac (so far)?-----If you don't mind telling us----how did you have the E Trac set up to find those deep coins?---I realize there are many variables, ground conditions, etc. but---------Thanks, Del

Nobody's dug any coins with the E Trac?? :) My deepest coin so far (wheat back) was about 7"---dug a quarter size object at 10"---Is the E Trac going to have the depth of the SE?---I believe the depth is there--I probably just haven't come on the super deep target yet.---Lately, I've been running in manual sensitivity mostly around 28--when in semi auto, mostly 2+ or 3+--gain maxed (or close to it) coin mode--conductive tones--multi-tones---noise cancel at the start (of course)-then periodically during the hunt.---Guess I've covered most of it--what you guys using?-------Del

hey Del, Those are a carbon copy of the settings I've been using. I've max out the variability, but might try drpping it a point or two to help recongize guicker the falsing. My deepest find in around 8-9ins, acopper button, wheat, and clad quarter. Our ground is bone dry here in KY. It's great to have our own forum!! Happy Hunting EddieB

13+ inches it was the 1722H the first of three French colonial coins I have found with my E-trac............manual 27, full variability ,difficult ,coin program, deep on, conductive sounds...i

generally hunt with auto+3 19 until i get a feel of the area bump it to manual 24-27 push it to far and you will lose depth.....

the audio on this target was.... stop you in your tracks.... First swing....then it was........ for a lack of a better description kind of spongy ... it was good but only ....strong every 2-3 sweeps......

coin located under 3 inch root.... root at 10inches...so like i say a little over 13 inches.... my buddy just shock his head..... when he saw the coin and the hole.

anyway the coin I speak of is my avatar above .............I was already a believer of the E-trac by some of the test I ran and how she did in my test beds........but this coin was a specail

bonding between me and her......

Happy Trails ps. remember to stay in difficult very few places you can run in neutral .....and if you do ...you have to.... tune out false burps and hiccups
Jim Pugh

Eddie---That's what I've been running to--the variability maxed out.--I ran the XS, EX 2 & SE all that way also (variability maxed)--The rest (on the E Trac) I have on factory pre-sets except trash density-I have it set on "high".---Do you have any further thoughts on these other settings?-----Yes it SURE IS neat having our own E Trac Classroom Forum.------Del

Jim----Looks like your settings are almost identical to mine except you have deep on.---I probably better do that (put deep on).---Probably should back the manual sensitivity down a hair then (with deep on)?---Like I said I've been running it around 28--sounds like that's a little higher than you have been running it.-------Del

Hi Del

yes sounds like we're pretty much on same page ....deep on seems to extend the range smoothly .

the ground your in sounds good.

my ground is great for the most part but i can really see it drop in auto(the suggested sensitivity setting) when I get in heavy Iron Trash .....

once I know the ground then.... i circle the wagons and slug it out...... for the sweet sounds.... in Manual 24-27 usually 27

I have hunted some different terrain and the ferrous # can bounce from many factors, corrosion, mineralization, salt content or all to a certain extent....but like an X-terra the conductive numbers

are pretty much SPOT ON of coarse... consistent sweep angles and good sweep technique.... equal... consistent conductive ID.....well I know i am putting you asleep....cause I'm getting

sleepy .... May all your dreams be Golden!

Happy Trails
Jim pugh

I haven't used one yet in the field as every time I get one in for me it gets sold before it gets to me. My first E-Trac was bought right away by a guy that has used the EX II and the SE with the pro coil and is still getting used to the E-Trac, but first time out with factory settings other than turning down the threshold a little got a 1804 British penny in a well worked area at 13 inches. He also picked up a few Wheaties too around 12 inches. He always run conductivity so this ferrous numbers is no problem for him as he goes more on the tones than anything else. He says he got a lot less trash also and fees it locks on to good targets better and can tell the trash much better too.
Now before he got it I played around with it a bit indoors to check out a few things. I turned it on and noticed it chattered a bit indoors under florescent lites and when I hit the noise cancel and went though it the threshold was very smooth even when I switch to manual sensitivity and turned it up it stayed smooth running. Next I tried to learn in some coins just to see how it would work in making a pattern. It really impressed me as I went back to auto sensitivity at the factory settings and it made a excellent pattern with the medium cursor without turning the sensitivity to manual 1, no stray pattern like we got with the XS or the EX II and the SE. It made a real nice pattern and feel this may be one of the big improvements the E-Trac has over the older Explorers. When I waved a coin by the coil the cross hairs were centered perfect. I wish I would have had more time to see if I could reject targets that are very close to the accepted one like the screw caps from the IH penny.
I hope to have the one I just got in for my demo and try it out over the weekend.

modern coins at 8 inches. Since recently planted coins are not often recognized, all my other detectors failed to give a good signal, including the EX II with the Sunray 12 incher. The E Trac with the Pro coil let me know they were in the ground.

on coins than trash, But I also saw that on the explrer, which enabled you to pick out the targets that read in the pulltab range like fllying eagles, the coins always seem to have a better tone.. so far my deepest coin has been a large cent at around 6 inches, audio was good enough to tell me it probably would have seen it deeper.. I was running man sens 24, gain at 26 and using the X8 coil, so the 10 should have seen it deeper I assume, I was over the same spot with it however and missed it.. but I was running coin program and not the modified park pattern.
The large cent was reading ferrous 20 pretty solid but jumped to 14 and 12, so there definitely is some target masking/averaging in iron and may be why I missed it in coin pattern which seems to cut off ferrous around 16-17.. to be fair I also hunted that spot with the explorer and missed it also with the pro coil.. but not sure on either count if I just didn't get over it at the right angle as it was only reading one way well, and its a new site I just started hunting..
I found another large cent with the explorer and pro coil maybe 20 feet away in same ground conditions about 9 inches deep with a solid upper right hit.. dont use digital on it so cant say what the numbers would have been,, but the upper right is the correct place on the screen..
If I get a chance I will try your test of a indian accept and try some trash that read close to indians... although we know in air doesnt come close to in ground testing when using the accept screen, where you have no minerals and iron or other nearby trash to average in there.
I am having a problem with cond audio, or getting used to it anyway.. since a lot of good targets are coming in with low tones, where in ferrous almost all good targets had higher tones.. so have to check out each signals reading, switching to ferrous audio no help cause they all read the same tone anyway