Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Few Days In Southern Illinois

flinthunter

Star and I just got back from a two week stay in Southern Illinois. We had a family reunion to attend so we tent camped at Rend Lake while we were there. Fishing was great, but except for the small swimming beach at the lake it was just too dry to metal detect. Rend is an Army Corp lake so you have to be careful how and where you hunt. We drove around a lot of the area and almost every little town down there has a park, some have several parks in them. It about drove us crazy hoping it would rain so we could detect at least a couple of the many parks but that did not happen. One of the first things we did when we got down south was to purchase a V3i for Star. We went to the swimming beach at the lake and the first good thing she found was a sterling ring. Not a bad first find with her new detector. We found quite a bit of clad and I found a toe ring there too. While we were down south we picked up some information on the Southern Indiana 2011 Treasure Fest seven day hunt. It runs seven days, July 25 through July 31, at the Starve Hollow State Recreation Area. We will bring the Indiana hunt information to the June meeting if anyone would like to view it. Daryl

Glad you're back home and safe. Sorry you couldn't get in more hunting. Maybe nest time. Congrats on the ring finds. Can't wait to see them and to hear more about your trip. We just got back from a 4 day camping trip and the guys got to hunt most every day. Can't wait till we all get to go camping together.

HH,
Nancy

Hi Nancy

Hope everyone had a good time and you brought home some good finds. Today is the first chance I've had time to hunt since we got back from S. Illinois. Got permission last night to hunt an 1880's log cabin site across the road from me so I took a walk over to it a while ago. Only hunted about an hour and my batteries ran down. Lots of junk and the grass is high there but I did manage to find a U.M.C. Co. 12 Gauge full brass case shotgun shell and a nice 1902 Saengerfest medal from Peoria, Illinois. I'll try and post a picture of the medal later, right now I am about to replace my detector batteries and head back out. HH Daryl

Hi Daryl,

We had a grand time but I didn't get out to hunt. I stayed close to the camper with the dogs and a friend. You had some great finds so far. Can't wait to see pictures of the targets. I wish you luck on your return. Keep us posted. Tell Star that I'll call her tomorrow. HH, Nancy

The goodies will be there. Good luck. Sorry you didn't get some rain to soften up the dirt, eh?

Capt Ron