Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A few finds from Culpeper VA ...

Cajuncoinhunter

Yoda and I went on a hunt in VA. We had a blast. Here a few of my finds from the 2.5 days I hunted .... Yoda found the Rhode Island coat button. I love the ringtail sharps. Lots of .69 cal drops. I found a flat button too. Some carved lead. Rain didn't stop us. LOL. GPX4800 did me well. Thanks. CCH

Awesome finds guys.

Those GPX machines make vlf detectors seem like toys.

Congratulations to both of you guys. It looks like you had too much fun :laugh:

Congrats looks like you had a awesome hunt. Believe it or not one of my main detecting goals, is to do some CW Hunting. Hopefully some day I can go to DIV.

What percentage to the people use VLF's out there? I'll just struggle buying a PI for a 3 day hunt.

I went to a JGD hunt last spring in Culpepper. I didn't see many vlf detectors being used. I did notice most had vlf's with them. I used my f19 for a little bit & found relics but nothing deep. The ground is different around there. I didn't mean to pirate your thread EJ. HH

I would guess 5-10 % use VLFs in the "hot" Va. soil on those hunts. Most use TDIs (whites) or GPXs (Minelab). I have been very successful with both; not saying that you can't make some good finds with a VLF vice Pulse. Just most sites have been hunted a lot and the cherry picking is mostly long gone in my opinion.

Renting a machine for 3 days is always an option too.

Good luck everyone and thanks for posting on the site. CCH

I live in warrenton va. I have been trying to find a place to detect. WITH NO LUCK AT ALL. I have a 5 year old boy who I want to get into detecting. I have searched out many locations from farms camp sites churches railroad tracks. etc.... I cant find anyone to let me search. Even if I told the people I will give them all finds. I am in dear need of a location. Could any of you on here help me out maybe?