Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A few finds this past week

captainron

Not many post finds, so, thought I would post a few. The earring was 5" or so and rang like dime. Being that deep it must have been there a long time and this style Turquoise and silver with the feathers was probably made by the Indians of New Mexico or Arizona. They were very popular in the 60's and 70's and believe the feather style is still made, but, not by Native Americans as they were back then. The Buffalo, a 1916-D, was about 7" and hit at 19 (as well as the 2 war nickels, both of which were only 4" or so deep). The Civil War bullet definitely hit a target, maybe a tree and rang out in the low 50's and was 6"+. Hit a ring, too. Saw the 18Kt on the inside and was pretty excited until cleaning some on site and realizing it was plated:veryangry: Thought I had a "real" ring, which is pretty hefty. Didn't know they plated in 18 Kt. Thought most of that stuff was cheaper 10 Kt, Maybe today, eh?

Take care and HH to my forum friends.

Capt Ron

I think the earring would look good on you Capt'n...........:rofl:

The war nickles VDI'd at 19?

Ron WTG Did you use the stosk coil?????? That is too Cool, Mic

Stock coil almost always.

Even tho the nickels have silver in them, I seem to remember they hit like nickels...and Larry, I just might wear it to our next meeting at the park!!! (If I ever get the nerve to punch a hole in my ear....NOT)