Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A few minutes in my old test garden...

jbow

First let me say that this was my first garden and I have many different combinations of iron and coins, and multi coins in the same holes. However, when I planted it about 6 years ago I made a chart but didn't mark the spots well and can't find some of them...

I did manage to find a quarter at 12". I was able to hit it with a Sovereign, an SE, and an E-TRAC. However, I had to run the sens wide open on the Sovereign which is not realistic in normal, trashy ground. I had the sens on the ET set on 28-29, and the SE was in the same range. The hit was iffy but there and I could notice it if I was walking/swinging slow. I am not sure if I would have dug it in the real world but maybe.

The biggest thing I learned is that Auto sensitivity is not the way to go if you want deepies, at least not in this ground. We have had no rain to speak of lately and the ground is as dry as last years bird nest. Later I was able to spend about an hour at an old park and tried digging some of those deep iffy signals. The first deep signal was one I hit last week and didn't want to dig that deep because of too many people being around, so I marked the spot. When I went back yesterday, I still got a deep signal with conductive in the low 40s. I dug it to about 14" and was still getting a signal with the ET but not on my pinpointer. I am going to get a friend to check it today.

A few other signals that sounded similar to the 12" quarter in my garden were not there when I dug them, so I am confused a little. I will work with it some more today. I am going to go back to the garden and camp out on a few targets until I learn all I can about how they sound with a variety of settings.

Still, the biggest thing is this, auto is good but will not signal on really deep targets, at least not on the one in my garden. BUT... as far as hunting, in a park or yard, I don't know if it is practical to run manual sens that high because of the falsing issues....

Any thoughts or suggestions? I will be happy to try anything you want me to try in the garden. I'll be happy to call while I am there if you want. Anyone who know's the Explorer really well would be a great help to me with suggestions of things to try with the E-TRAC.

Thanks,

Julien

Julien---I've got similar results as you are speaking of in my test area on the E Trac (auto & manual sensitivity).---Can you do an "apples for apples" test on the SE & E Trac in auto sensitivity?--Same #, same target, ground etc. (same everything).---If you felt like it, you could then do the same test in manual sensitivity---Bottom line--to see if one out does the other in depth in these exact tests in both auto & manual.---I think the REAL bottom line a LOT of people are wanting to know-----does the E Trac go as deep as the SE?---everything being equal (at least as equal as possible).-----Del

n/t