Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A few recent freshwater hunts...

bootyhoundpa

Got out for 3 water hunts over the last 2 weeks... I’m finally adjusting to being able to hunt in recovery speed 3 and 2.. consequently I’m hitting the tiny stuff deeper than I’ve probably ever been able too...got 21 junk studs, 8 silver studs,1 stainless cross and 4 pieces of 14K gold... didnt find any coins..not pictured many earring backs,foil,sequins and bobby-pins...
8E8F6474-DB13-4BE6-83EA-D05AB938D76A.jpeg
34F319E6-67F6-4C6E-9B10-B6CF51F97AB2.jpeg
26199160-F6D3-4754-B96E-1AFB566236B8.jpeg
7073813F-BFFA-427D-B4F6-A8C6F2E49020.jpeg
DA4B205A-55C2-4A07-BCBD-7B9520D4F8D6.jpeg

Nice finds I’m down right now my nox screws that hold the controller on the shaft Broke 3 of them broke free of the plastic !!!!
Mark

Nice finds I’m down right now my nox screws that hold the controller on the shaft Broke 3 of them broke free of the plastic !!!!
Mark
That’s unfortunate...so it stripped out? Well the price of silver will most likely rise if you are out of service lol... hope they get you squared away fast..I wonder if they are actively working at the repair facility?

No the plastic that holds the brass inserts in broke Apart here’s a pic.

B8E35833-5D78-4BEE-81FA-218D62E475FF.jpeg
39FA1007-5FDE-41B4-96F1-DFC09E48B028.jpeg

That looks like over tightening. Two years on my Nox using it 2 - 4 times a week and I've never needed to tighten those screws.

Mkus
We’re you just swinging along detecting when this happened ? Or as Tom Slick mentions, did you tighten them up? Please give us the whole scoop so we can all learn. Thanks - Jim

Not sure I was very careful not to over tighten them first the screws were a little loose then the brass inserts loosened which I had to epoxy them back in.
Saturday the handle felt very loose so I took it apart screws were not loose and I saw the plastic was broken around 3 of the screws.
Maybe just bad batch of plastic? I hope minelab has a fix!

I suppose it could be a quality issue. Please let us know how you make out with Minelab

Not sure I was very careful not to over tighten them first the screws were a little loose then the brass inserts loosened which I had to epoxy them back in.
Saturday the handle felt very loose so I took it apart screws were not loose and I saw the plastic was broken around 3 of the screws.
Maybe just bad batch of plastic? I hope minelab has a fix!

Will do probably going to buy a backup lol!